Best school band EVER?

What's Hot
I was in a band at high school. We played Oasis/Radiohead covers… we sucked. 
These guys are rather better than that.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73055
    U2.

The only band I can think of who formed at school, before they could even really play instruments, and who have never been in any other band.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16071
    the wee lassie singer is da bomb man.....daughter of Rubber Planty
    tae be or not tae be
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3348
    edited November 2014
    They're very good!!!

A few of LA's session elite were at school together - Steve Lukather, Michael Landau, The Porcaro Brothers, Carlos Vega and Toto were essentially formed there with Lukather and his mates playing Steely Dan stuff at the age of 16!

Not a school outfit but can you imagine being in the year at the University of Miaimi Music College where your fellow students would've been Pat Metheny, Steve Morse, Hiram Bullock, Will Lee and Jaco Pastorius!!!!
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    Poor piano girl, trapped in an old Doctor Who episode.
  • Bloody Genesis! I know Phil was off busy being the Artful Dodger somewhere, but they formed at school. 

INXS formed at school but the Farris brothers were all in different years - I'm not sure that Kirk Pengilly and Garry Gary Beers were at the same school but they were in at least one of the Farris brothers' bands.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • My old school's claim to fame is "The Sharp Cuts" doubt anyone's heard of them on here though. I think they are a party band now but I think they had 5 minutes of fame on one of those 80's talent shows.

They are quite good by all accounts though.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    The drummer I've played in a number of different bands with has been one of my best friends since primary school, if that counts...
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1843
    Bellycaster, I am familiar with The Sharp Cuts.  Regularly play with Pete and Steve at a blues jam in town