Suhr Riot - usage queries

StefBStefB Frets: 2355

Best used with what types of amp?  As an extra channel, lead boost, or what?

I know there's plenty of experience of them on here, so thought I'd check what the general consensus is before taking the plunge.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I used mine as an extra channel into a slightly crunchy amp.

Sounded great into a clean amp as well.

Changed the character of the amp quite a lot though, so for me didn't work that well as a lead boost, as I like my lead tone to still be similar to my core tone.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    I borrowed one for a couple of weeks, and liked it as an alternative to a dirty amp, I didn't try it as a boost, but I don't think it would have worked so well that way.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Straight into a clean amp is how this pedal is designed to work. I use mine into a clean Carr Slant 6 Vand it sounds fantastic.
  • ^^^^^ That's the ticket. Sounds awesome into a clean channel.

Works very well into edge of breakup too, and adding something like a Koko Boost to it adds a great boost.

Riots are awesome pedals IMO
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    the best example I've heart it used was into a badger,
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I use one into a fender twin - sounds fine as a distortion into a clean amp.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17626
    tFB Trader
    I've heard it said that it was designed for when you go to a backline provided gig and find instead of giving you a Marshall stack they've given you a Twin. 

It works brilliantly into a clean channel of a Fender type amp. I've also heard it is supposed to work into a dirty amp, but I'd think it has too much gain for that.

It is a pedal that I luuuuurve. 
  • I use mine in to a Badger 30, just on the edge. I also run it at 12V and I feel it opens uo the dynamics and top end a little. Hit the front end with a Koko Boost or a Prince of Tone for leads - sounds phenomenal!
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    I had one didn't get on with it. There really well made. The best foot-switch Ive ever tried.