Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

So who's going to DOWNLOAD 2015?

What's Hot
ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6234
edited November 2014 in Music tFB Trader
The lineup looks epic, can't wait to see all of the headliners, but especially MUSE and Slipknot, thereafter judas priest, slash, motley crue, faith no more.... cannot wait!!

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• So many people are going to leave after Slash on the Sunday ;-)
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    I'm seeing Slash at the o2 in December with Buckets sister aka Buckette (you have no jdea how long I have been waiting to use that) and will hopefully be at DL with the girlfriend :) Slipknot shall be amazing!

Check out the Hellfest lineup, very similar to DL. Might be a couple more shared acts (hoping for KoRn and Meshuggah) TBA for Download :)
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Motley Crue and Kiss are two of the best examples of all I hate in Rock music.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23630
    There is a band on that poster I've never heard of, which proves I am too old.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_Q said:

I've not heard of two of them (Finger Death Punch and A Day to Remember).
  • A Day To Remember is the one I've not heard of.

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6234
    tFB Trader
    Hertz32 said:
    I'm seeing Slash at the o2 in December with Buckets sister aka Buckette (you have no jdea how long I have been waiting to use that) and will hopefully be at DL with the girlfriend :) Slipknot shall be amazing!

Check out the Hellfest lineup, very similar to DL. Might be a couple more shared acts (hoping for KoRn and Meshuggah) TBA for Download :)

yup Slipknot will be epic 100000 people all jumping!!
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com

• So A Day To Remember are playing Saturday and Sunday looks like a day to forget.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6234
    tFB Trader
    I've never heard of them, however they may turn out to be great. I wish volbeat or clutch were playing
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23630
    edited November 2014
    A Day To Remember is the one I've not heard of.
    Yep, that was the one for me too.  Wikipedia says "they are known for their unusual amalgamation of metalcore and pop punk" so I don't think they're going on my Christmas list.

I'm not terribly excited about anyone else on that bill although I'm sure there will be other good bands to be added.

• Philly_Q said:

I've not heard of two of them (Finger Death Punch and A Day to Remember).
    Five finger death punch have played download pretty much every year since it started...sometimes twice i think.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    I like A day to remember, If it means a lot to you and All signs point to Lauderdale are decent tracks. Just take them as mosh happy pop metal and have a laugh if you pop in to see them, dont take it too serious ;)
    'Awibble'
    I FUCKING LOATHE KISS however. And rather wish they werent on the bill. Gene Simmonds represents all that can be wrong with humanity sometimes. He told suicidal people to go kill themselves and only apologised at thebrequeat of his PR guy. Ugh. Cvnt of the highest order if you ask me.
    'Awibble'
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited November 2014
    Only one that interests me on there is Faith No More, and I've seen them before. Wouldn't mind seeing them again but I'm not fussed.

So no, probably not :D

I bet Slipknot will kick all manner of ass though. Muse are magnificent live as well, saw them at Wembley a few years ago. A Day to Remember are alright, quite catchy but nothing to set the world on fire. I'd rather have quick-drying cement in my ears than Enter Shikari.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Out of that lot, I'd like to see Blackstone Cherry, Motley Crue,  Slipknot, & 5finger Death Punch.

The others I've either seen, or don't like.

Priest were the first band I saw after major surgery a few years ago, I'd like to see them again.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Muse are wonderful live, and a headline slot hopefully indicates they might have a new record out before then :D
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Man I saw Enter Shikari before their first album dropped and they were incredible, though loads of my mates have seen them since and everyone has been disappointed. There were a few catchy popish tracks on the first album, haven't followed them since.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Nothing there that interests me really.
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3090
    I'd consider taking the kids to see Slipknot - but will probably do that at Wembley instead.   

Other than that,  nah, you're alright.  

Three days in a piss soaked field, trying to watch too many bands on too many stages paying too much money for weak lager and crap food.
  • The Birmingham date for Slipknot was nearly sold out when I got my tickets couple of weeks ago so get in quick @RobDavies
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.