Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Long commutes - update and a job!

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3090

A bloke that works for me drives from Sudbury in Essex to Whiteley in Hants, there and back every day.   That's a 320 mile round trip and 6hrs in total.

He is clearly a nutcase - especially as my company offered a fully paid up relocation package to everyone when we moved from West Drayton to Whiteley.

We work shifts as well - a late shift finishes at 2145 so he get in at about 0045 and then has to come back again for 1430 the following day.  

My commute is about 15 minutes each way.  

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • littlethoughtslittlethoughts Frets: 649
    edited December 2014
    Just an update for everyone. I got offered a job here in Bristol with a three year contract. They were both very tempting and the same salary but in the end 3 years > 1 year and 20 minutes total walk each day < 3 hours commuting. I start at the beginning of January :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Congrats mate-great news for Xmas

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Congratulations!
  • Fantastic news.  You can relax over Xmas now.  HOpe the new job goes well.
  • GulliverGulliver Frets: 852
    If traffic is alright, I can get from my flat to work in 12 minutes...  Being a teacher means I avoid school run traffic!!
  • Just an update for everyone. I got offered a job here in Bristol with a three year contract. They were both very tempting and the same salary but in the end 3 years > 1 year and 20 minutes total walk each day < 3 hours commuting. I start at the beginning of January :)
    well done sir!
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4952
    Just an update for everyone. I got offered a job here in Bristol with a three year contract. They were both very tempting and the same salary but in the end 3 years > 1 year and 20 minutes total walk each day < 3 hours commuting. I start at the beginning of January :)
    Well done, mister - sounds like a good move.
  • Sounds a good move!
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Good news, congtrats.
    My V key is broken
  • Thanks everyone!

• Good for you. I work in Newport and there's a few people in the office who commute in from Bristol. In the industry I used to be in there were some jobs I considered in Bristol, but the bridge toll would knock thousands off any salary straight away. I  hate driving anyway - I drove from Cardiff to Swansea daily for about 4 years and I hated it. Before then I worked the other side of London, so I left the house at 5:20 on Monday (to catch a train) and arrived home about 9-10pm on Fridays. Living in a B&B on your own all week is grim. Now I have 10 miles to do, and a couple of times a week I cycle in - much better for you!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom