Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

My Pedalboard is complete !! (or 95%)

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• MrSwanson said:

More importantly have you decided what's going in the gaps!?!
    ....and even more importantly, what does it sound like?
    At the moment, silence, I had to take the PSU out to fit another because I ordered an analogue delay and a phaser...
    MrSwanson said:
    MrSwanson said:

More importantly have you decided what's going in the gaps!?!
    ....and even more importantly, what does it sound like?
    I thought having a pedal board was about having as many nice looking flashing boxes as possible!

How else are you supposed to impressed the ladies? right? :p
    Playing and making cool noises works really well  ;-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1783
    Oh my, that is a beautiful board - the craftsmanship looks incredible
    (I've never used any of those pedals so can't comment on good how it must sound!)
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3835
    So, how does it sound?
  • Reveal the new pedal!
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11942
    Loobs said:
    So, how does it sound?
    Still not had a chance to wire it all up, awaiting the phaser and the delay and more velcro...

MrSwanson said:
    Reveal the new pedal!
    This came today.

The PSU is in ! 

• I want to hear this board!

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Bloody hell Raymond !
  • MrSwanson said:
    Reveal the new pedal!
    Review the new pedal...!
    edited December 2014
    Just spent an hour re-wiring, putting the fuzzes in front of the looper as they the DPC-5 have a buffered input.  Rewired to have the Colour Box in Loop 5 instead 

Guitar - Fuzz - DPC-5 - (Amp's FX loop) - modulations - Amp (FX loop return)

In the DPC-5 loops

1 - Barber Tone Press
    2 - Double Barrel
    3 - Timmy
    4 - Klone
    5 - Colour Box

Post volume pedal modulations

Warped Vinyl - Phaser - Timeline - BigSky - Analogue delay (Panther cub) - Looper -> back to amp

Icarus will come out when the phaser comes.

• Just spent an hour re-wiring, putting the fuzzes in front of the looper as they the DPC-5 have a buffered input.  Rewired to have the Colour Box in Loop 5 instead 

Looks great.  

I really want to hear the sounds you get from this! I don't think I could navigate a board like that, crazy!
    edited December 2014
    Just spent an hour re-wiring, putting the fuzzes in front of the looper as they the DPC-5 have a buffered input.  Rewired to have the Colour Box in Loop 5 instead 

Looks great.  

I really want to hear the sounds you get from this! I don't think I could navigate a board like that, crazy!
    It's pretty easy, right to left.  The volume pedal is the middle of the chain.  Basically all the gain is before the volume pedal, including the Colour box.  The Looper at the bottom select which one you have in the gain.

After the volume pedal is the modulations, the order for that is a little out of whack, bottom to top and then middle.

I'll try to make a video in a couple of weeks, going to go round to my sister's and have a jam with my brother in law.  We can then video it then.
    edited December 2014
    99% complete !

The only thing missing are the Midi cables

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Looks nice, but we need to hear this!

I don't know quite a few of those pedals, so demos would be good.

Also, as cool as it is, I could never own something like that. It'd never leave the house, I'd be scared of damaging or having it nicked.
  • I'm all for that too. Would be great to not only hear the board, but perhaps have a walk through as to why you chose the pedals that you did, their sonic strengths and some examples of how they work together.

Could be really informative regarding the more unusual pedals.
  • Are some of those switches not a bit tricky to get too?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LastMantra;439294" said:
    Are some of those switches not a bit tricky to get too?
    Yeah, I just saw the new red pedal that has a mini switch between two quite close together stomp switches! No idea what that pedal is either...

Looks like a bonkers thing, like the warped vinyl maybe. Switches and knobs everywhere. :)
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025

Also, as cool as it is, I could never own something like that. It'd never leave the house, I'd be scared of damaging or having it nicked.
    and that's just the board itself

Seriously dude, thanks for single handedly pulling the country out of recession with that spending!

Demos are a must, as nerdy as needs be!
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    Its a Chase Bliss Wombtone (phaser). If it's like the Warped it'll kill. Only thing with the Warped is it does slice alot of top end off yer sound when the depth is maxed which is a pain. He should've added a switchable buffer.
    This pedalboard is not leaving the house, except may be to my sister's house lol

I agree that the Chase Bliss switches are quite close together, it is certainly not something you can hit in a hurry, but on the plus side, they are soft switches so you don't need to hit them hard, the right switch on both is a bypass switch so the pedal is always on in a way.  The left however is tap....so yes, I have accidentally hit bypass and turn it off altogether !  They do they Midi via TRS out, and expression pedals.

As for demo, I am not very good of that, Andy at PGS is much better than me :p Or in this case, Just Nick or Curtis Kent.  I might put up some noodling at some point though as opposed to a full rig run down, that would take hours haha.