So this black friday thing then

What's Hot

How many emails a day are you getting? I'm averaging 4 a day I think. And is it just me who thinks they only drop the prices on the sh1t stuff?

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• That's about how many I'm getting.  

I find the obsession with marketing Black Friday quite confusing as well because I was under the impression that Black Friday was the reason they removed Huckleberry Finn from worldwide school reading.  Does that mean I shouldn't be mentioning Black Friday to the kids?
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4026
    Nothing has wow'd me just yet, but you never know.

It does seem to be a shitstock clear out for some places, shift the stuff gathering dust.

However I'm sure there are some nice deals coming, which hopefully won't end up with people fighting in Asda again...
  • MazzaGMazzaG Frets: 82
    edited November 2014
    Maybe keep this thread going for potential music gear deals anyone finds?

Edit: Derp, cheers @not_the_dj
  • MazzaG said:
    Maybe keep this thread going for potential music gear deals anyone finds?
    That's what this thread is for: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/28268/psa-post-so-called-black-friday-uk-only-deals-here#latest
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6288
    another bastard americanism. Next some div will be celebrating Thanksgiving too.

And chuffing black friday seems to be black week or black long weekend

its all shite

(have a great day everyone)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited November 2014
    Snap said:
    another bastard americanism. Next some div will be celebrating Thanksgiving too.

its all shite

Grumpy ******.

I'm embracing all things USA.....our company is now ever more controlled from the states, so much so that all our PCs are now forced to have the date round the wrong way. 

Have a nice y'all 
    :P

(PS thanksgiving is tomorrow.....yet somehow we don't get the day off)
    :(
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I don't understand why it's a thing here. We don't have Thanksgiving.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited November 2014
    holnrew said:
    I don't understand why it's a thing here. We don't have Thanksgiving.
    Win win for us then, we get the sales in the shops but we don't need to have the family round eating a massive meal with us the day before.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Snap said:

its all shite

Someone forgot his happy meds this morning..........
    :P

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• BabonesBabones Frets: 1244
    edited November 2014

How many emails a day are you getting? I'm averaging 4 a day I think. And is it just me who thinks they only drop the prices on the sh1t stuff?

Yup, it's 'discount the old stock that hasn't shifted' Friday. Another Americanism being forced on us.

• dindudedindude Frets: 8628
    I work for one of the big retailers who were pretty innovative (or responsible depending upon how you look at it) in getting it into the UK big style last year. The right way to do it is to work with suppliers to source products at incredible prices specifically for the event. I.e. a proper amount of effort goes into the event.

Unfortunately it's just become another mail-bomb exercise in shifting shit stock, or even worse, marking up prior to event to make it look better value when reduced. We have enough of this already. I'd be very surprised if the are any good Guitar related deals.
  • dindude said:
    I work for one of the big retailers who were pretty innovative (or responsible depending upon how you look at it) in getting it into the UK big style last year. The right way to do it is to work with suppliers to source products at incredible prices specifically for the event. I.e. a proper amount of effort goes into the event.

Unfortunately it's just become another mail-bomb exercise in shifting shit stock, or even worse, marking up prior to event to make it look better value when reduced. We have enough of this already. I'd be very surprised if the are any good Guitar related deals.
    I got a good deal on a Sansa Clip+ for £23. Amazon were claiming a 57% reduction, but that was on the original RRP. They were only £32 (already reduced) the previous day from the same stockist, so a tad misleading on the actual saving.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    There'd be hell to pay if it was called White Friday.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • There'd be hell to pay if it was called White Friday.
    Ain't that the truth..

• drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 924
    I needed some new jeans so went to the Levi's shop this afternoon. Apparently, it's Black Friday already so I bought 4 pairs of 501's and a belt and got £53 off - i.e. a free pair of 501's - Result!
  • If they do a ps4 for thirty quid, message me Yeah?