SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold! Global GS-1 Cook Knife, as new

ForgeForge Frets: 431
edited November 2014 in Misc £
I bought that lovely little thing last month on offer (paid 75 quid instead of the usual 99) and the Mrs used it twice. She wants something heavier and not as sharp (that thing is razor sharp, literally!). I will pack it very safely in a hard box. £49 shipped pp gift, given the nature of the item you will need to confirm you are over 18 and I will only ship to the pp registered address. https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8621/15273690063_8dc5b513d7_z.jpg
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Are you now making your own @Forge ?
  • ForgeForge Frets: 431
    edited November 2014

I wish I was that good @capo4th!

I have my own set (I am the main cook at home) but I let an old Japanese dude make them...the wife is banned from using them hence the Global purchase. Mine rust when you look at them, just like a Russian big muff! At least this little one does not need special care.

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3871
    Cracking knives, I've a set that the Mrs regularly blunts. I must get round to getting her a knife set of her own.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • Check out Wusthof knives. They are my go-to knives for chef work (what with me having been one for the last five years). I've never got on with Globals, too lightweight. Wusthofs on the other hand are cracking. 

Cheers, I will check them at my local Steamer. I just can't let the missus touch my Japanese carbons so I need to find her something tough and not too expensive. I like Globals, they're like the PRS of knives, superbly made and great performance. They pretty much are food scalpels.
  • rinkydinkronrinkydinkron Frets: 3
    edited December 2014
    Check out Wusthof knives. They are my go-to knives for chef work (what with me having been one for the last five years). I've never got on with Globals, too lightweight. Wusthofs on the other hand are cracking. 

I'll second this, moved from Global to Wusthof knives. 
    Where do you work Heartfeltdawn ? Had a bit of a mid life crisis and decided to change career somewhat. I'm on a pro cookery course at the moment.

edited December 2014
    Check out Wusthof knives. They are my go-to knives for chef work (what with me having been one for the last five years). I've never got on with Globals, too lightweight. Wusthofs on the other hand are cracking. 

@Heartfeltdawn I ended up buying a carbon Sabatier for her and completely transformed it into a Bunka as well as forcing a patina:image

Works a treat and she likes the fact it is unique.

• Where do you work Heartfeltdawn ? Had a bit of a mid life crisis and decided to change career somewhat. I'm on a pro cookery course at the moment.

@rinkydinkron I've cooked all over the place, here and in Canada. Spent five years as a chef in Bath. Now I'm unemployed, might be time to change careers yet again. What cookery course are you doing?
    Forge said:

@Heartfeltdawn I ended up buying a carbon Sabatier for her and completely transformed it into a Bunka as well as forcing a patina:image

Works a treat and she likes the fact it is unique.

That's nice. Very good job, sir!

• Half way through NC in Professional Cookery Level 5, loving it so far.