Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Maybe I should join a Photog forum ...

What's Hot

Comments

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2449
    edited December 2014
    ^ Wow, evidence of an angel fallen from the sky!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1793
    I found out about this forum from a photography forum (TalkPhotography) so I don't see why you couldn't go the other way too ;-)

Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • I don't have an eye for a pic really, but we were recently in the Lake District, turned a corner and were met with this view....just taken on an iPhone with no post-production filter, colour change, enhancement, etc malarky cos I know nothing about that end of the process. I was quite chuffed...

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12052
    BigMonka;431482" said:
    I found out about this forum from a photography forum (TalkPhotography) so I don't see why you couldn't go the other way too ;-)
    Ditto !

I love this one

• GassageGassage Frets: 31150
    My Winnie

And more

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hungrymarkhungrymark Frets: 1782
    edited December 2014
    hubobulous;431486" said:
    I don't have an eye for a pic really, but we were recently in the Lake District, turned a corner and were met with this view....just taken on an iPhone with no post-production filter, colour change, enhancement, etc malarky cos I know nothing about that end of the process. I was quite chuffed...
    Tarn Hows? Nice.
    Use Your Brian
  • hubobulous;431486" said:
    I don't have an eye for a pic really, but we were recently in the Lake District, turned a corner and were met with this view....just taken on an iPhone with no post-production filter, colour change, enhancement, etc malarky cos I know nothing about that end of the process. I was quite chuffed...
    Tarn Hows? Nice.
    Hey, thanks....it was taken in Winlatter Forest. We had done a 6 mile walk and it was getting late in the day. There was a 1 mile walk at another car park nearby so we decided to do that as well given that the weather was great. Both me and my wife turned the corner, saw the light streaming through and both grabbed our phones to catch the shot. Obviously we got pretty much identical pics, (although mine clearly caught the mood far better than her's)!!
  • I took this one the other day. The view from my flat. Very pretty but cost me a 6 hour delay on a flight..!

Fog over Abu Dhabi
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2014

Hope you don't mind.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28006
    It was pretty impressive to start with (a sunny day in the Lake District???) but @RaymondLin has made it absolutely stunning.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • No problem at all Raymond. Your enhancements give it a warmer feel, more like summer perhaps. I see the light in the original as being quite true to the sharp, autumnal day we had. 

Isn't it mad what can be achieved nowadays?
  • Interestingly, I'd have gone the opposite way to @raymondlin and made it colder and less colourful for a more stark contrast.

I still shoot film, so I don't know how to use photoshop or anything. :(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Interestingly, I'd have gone the opposite way to @raymondlin and made it colder and less colourful for a more stark contrast.

I see sunrise and sunset, I think warmth.  I guess it's part of my thinking.

Here is something different.

• TTonyTTony Frets: 28006
    The top one, please.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • The panorama feature on the iPhone is too much fun!! These two are also from the same trip. The Lakes is one of my very favourite places on earth, and although I know these views very well, it never stops me trying to capture them as I see them in my minds eye.

@TTony - I'm with you. I think I'd like to learn more about photography. More so I can make best use of a situation if I stumble across something cool, or perhaps to better recognise what's cool in the first place!!

• Ahhhh Winnie.

Here's my three biggest boys -

http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a579/imadray/Mobile%20Uploads/Arnieinflow_zps72e9c02e.jpg

http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a579/imadray/Mobile%20Uploads/BamBall_zps9d15f50c.jpg

http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a579/imadray/Mobile%20Uploads/Alfie67_zps262832c7.jpg

Here is a dog I had to work with last week who was by far the most unruly animal I have ever had to deal with but still eventually managed to get a good set - mainly thanks to Dairylea cheese strings and asking the owner to go for a walk..  Also about the third Vizsla in the last couple of months after not having seen any for ages.  They seem to have become very popular.

http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a579/imadray/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_4519_zps7bb9e353.jpg

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    edited December 2014
    Interestingly, I'd have gone the opposite way to @raymondlin and made it colder and less colourful for a more stark contrast.

same as you...i dont like technology...i still use fountain pens!

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5249/5687961513_9b2702c023_b.jpg

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4118/4885376801_9f1591b5aa_b.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5071/5891254806_0abae0415b_b.jpg

• GassageGassage Frets: 31150
    @randomhandclaps

Loving the pix.

Winnie has earned a lot of money in her little life. If you can find the AXA Life print commercials, she is the "Featured Dog' in the ad campaign.

In 2010 she earned about £2000- that's a LOT for a pooch. I put all of her vets bills through the business. HMRC tried to reject it, to which we responded that it was irresponsible of them to suggest a dog go on a set uninnoculated.

She is so, so easy to train it's untrue. I love spanials, labs but the only dog I'd ever buy again is a Labradoodle. Amazing.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• RoxRox Frets: 2147
    edited December 2014
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Gassage, I'm not suprised as she is beautiful.

I have considered a Labradoodle as our next dog (I'm getting a new puppy next year).  The dogs are my sanity and escape.  Alfie (the Lab) is as sharp as they come, but can be as stubborn as hell unless the reward is cheese.  Him and Arnie (the horse) are very similar in character.  Unfortunately for them I am more stubborn than them both. 

I've have had Arnie from being a dinky foal and despite being enormous he is the softness horse I have ever encountered.  He's currently on holiday so he lets me know his disapproval at not having my undivided attention when I visit him.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.