SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD.. Reduced to £350. 1958 Hofner Senator for sale

2»

Comments

• Chalky said:
    +1 @VimFuego - soundclips/youtube would definitely help.

Ok will see what I can do, not a jazz player mind you and it's set up with lowish action and flat wounds, about 11's or 12's I think. Will have to do it with my DaiPad if that's ok, at least you will see it being played.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15644
    edited February 2015

sure, anything really just so I can get an idea of how it sounds. Even a few chords and some scales in various positions will be cool.

EDIT: oh, and what's the neck like? Sorry of you've already said. Just I played a 50's archtop once that had a real sharp V and I just couldn't get on with it.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• http://s74.photobucket.com/user/bargoedboy/media/IMG_0019_zpsisa8fl9g.mp4.html?sort=3&o=0 Trying to upload a vid to photo bucket, one part is done a 15 sec display just to show how arched it is and how good the action is. It's not a V shape neck, more a big U shape.
    thanks for that, I'll have a think. The dilemma I face is that I know I can pretty easily sell the strat with its hardcase, and if I decide to stick with the fiddle then I can use those funds to upgrade the student fiddle I currently have. As your finding out, the hofner is not easy to shift (I have a similar situation with a classical guitar that will be very difficult to sell for what I think it's worth) so would leave me in a bind.

• Just for curiosity, what is the classical guitar?
  • My problem with selling is, I will not use EBay.
    So it limits my range of sellers, but I would rather sell or swap this to someone on this site or keep it. Price is as low as its gonna get. 
    Luthier LU28 (erm, I think). Solid spruce top and R/W b&s (think the back is solid and the sides laminate). No idea how to value it though as I've never found any information about it anywhere. Bought it from the London Spanish (or classical) guitar centre (just off Leicester Square) about 10 years ago, but think they've gone bust now. I paid £450 for it (with rigid gig bag) but no idea what it's worth now.

My problem with selling is, I will not use EBay.
    So it limits my range of sellers, but I would rather sell or swap this to someone on this site or keep it. Price is as low as its gonna get. 
    oh, I get that and I think the price is very fair. If I had the spare cash I'd take it in a heartbeat.

• Never heard of it, never owned a classical guitar.
     But not sure what I want, like the idea of either a Strat or resonator type for slide. 
  • It is nice, I bought it as it stood out so much in the shop, it was just gleaming, and screaming buy me! Did not go looking for an Hofner,may just put it on wall with a nice low light to catch it!
  • Bump for a part ex, come on and tickle my fancy with a parted or swap of some sort.
  • Hi there, did you ever sell the Hofner?
  • koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4170
    Yep long gone sorry.