Strings Direct Fender Bodys And Necks

What's Hot
IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131
If it's been posted before ignore http://www.stringsdirect.co.uk/c/944/bodies-necks/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I can imagine Allparts and Warmoth are really pleased they are doing that...

• not sure I can quite follow the approach. Mexican strat body + mexican strat neck costs £358, complete new Mexican strat costs just over £400.  American body + neck £738. Who are these aimed at? Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a complete guitar and sell the unwanted bits if you're just after a body or a neck? What am i missing?
  • gjonesygjonesy Frets: 147
    Andertons are selling these too
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    I guess it's handy if you want a Strat with a Tele neck, or a P bass with a Jazz neck, that kind of thing. It looked like the US bodies could work out at cheaper than buying a new instrument whole, but not by much, so I guess the appeal is in making it unique. And only for those who insist on buying new. I find it hard to know if see will sell well or not.
  • JookyChap said:
    I can imagine Allparts and Warmoth are really pleased they are doing that...
    Well they only stopped selling them directly in around 2005 anyway so it's not been that long since they were last available. Besides, there's very few options available on these ones, so they'll likely impact AllParts much more than Warmoth. :)
  • JookyChap said:
    I can imagine Allparts and Warmoth are really pleased they are doing that...
    Well they only stopped selling them directly in around 2005 anyway so it's not been that long since they were last available. Besides, there's very few options available on these ones, so they'll likely impact AllParts much more than Warmoth. :)
    True, but they have the magic logo that can turn your Classic Vibe into the real deal. ;)

No, I wouldn't buy them either, but I guess plenty will and it must be galling for Fender to see so many people making Bitsas and them not getting a cut (license fees apart if they amount to much)

• IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131
    JookyChap said:
    Jooky Guitars, made by Raspberries in Old Posset Town
    Where is old posset town ?

• Ianpdq said:
    JookyChap said:
    Jooky Guitars, made by Raspberries in Old Posset Town
    Where is old posset town ?

You of all people should know that...unless you left this fair village when they shut Catherine's Cake Shop :)

• IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131
    Do you go to open mic at the Lido or the Poacher

• £370 FOR A NECK?!?
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28932
    £370 FOR A NECK?!?
    I'd charge a crapload more than that!

There's a phenomenal amount of work in making a neck.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dean2371 said:
    not sure I can quite follow the approach. Mexican strat body + mexican strat neck costs £358, complete new Mexican strat costs just over £400.  American body + neck £738. Who are these aimed at? Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a complete guitar and sell the unwanted bits if you're just after a body or a neck? What am i missing?

They don't want people assembling them from parts from scratch though and selling them as Fenders.  If it was cheaper to build your own from OEM parts people wouldn't be buying the new ones they make in their factory.

It might work out cheaper to buy a guitar and part it out but you also buy yourself a lot of hassle and admin.  Depends on how quickly you can sell the discarded parts and how much the hassle is worth vs the saving.

I don't think I'll be buying but it is nice that you can buy a proper Fender neck if you want to.
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 750
    No offsets though, what a shame..
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."