Your vote required - FIFA Goal of the Year

What's Hot
RockerRocker Frets: 4987
edited December 2014 in Off Topic
Look at this video of Stephanie Roche and compare to the goals scored by James Rodrigues and Robin van Persie.  All three are shortlisted for this years FIFA Goal of the Year.

Video of goal: 

When I figure out how to vote, I will post the info here.  If anyone else beats me to it, then you will win a WOW! from me.....
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Wow.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Top tekkers but the "defending" was not of the highest std. I'll have to start videoing all the junior football I watch if they're letting goals from all levels into the votes!
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22215
    edited December 2014
    None of them. Pajtim Kasami all the way. 

• Both crackers, but it has to be Van Persie for me, i've never seen anyone chip the keeper with a diving header before ....and i'm a City fan.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Problem with this vote is that a lot of people will vote for her because she is female, whereas a lot will not vote for her because she isn't a star name such as RVP.  So regardless of the outcome it will be skewed slightly.  Although this happens anyway because most United/Dutch fans will vote RVP etc..

Much like eurovision/battle of the bands...it all comes down to popularity contents.

All 3 are stunning goals to be fair
  • tbmtbm Frets: 582
    The Roche goal required the most skill AND she was harried by a defender. The Rodriguez goal was stunning, but he was given space and was side on from the goal. Roche had very little space and was facing away from the goal when she got the ball. The RVP goal required the most vision and tenacity.

It's between Roche and RVP. I'd be delighted if she got it because I honestly think her goal is technically the best, but it'll be RVP.

Noise, randomness, ballistic uncertainty.
  • tbm said:
    The Roche goal required the most skill AND she was harried by a defender. The Rodriguez goal was stunning, but he was given space and was side on from the goal. Roche had very little space and was facing away from the goal when she got the ball. The RVP goal required the most vision and tenacity.

It's between Roche and RVP. I'd be delighted if she got it because I honestly think her goal is technically the best, but it'll be RVP.
    She's not playing against world class opposition though. Loads of technique but against Wexford Youths? RVP's was against the reigning world champions! 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I preferred Cahill's strike from the world cup, surprised it wasn't shortlisted. He took it on the volley with less time than Rodriguez as he didn't get to control it first. Perfect.
    Use Your Brian
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6175
    Van Persie. Everyone was wondering if he would/could/should get it under control for a second-touch finish, and he made some magic out of nowhere. Sublime.

The others are just great goals.
  • Made the final 3!
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4987
    It is now down to the final 3.  I am asking that you vote for Roche.

This is the FIFA link:

http://www.fifa.com/ballon-dor/puskas-award/index.html

Scroll down and the 3 finalists are shown with a vote box under each picture.  You can vote by Smartphone, iPad or clone, computer etc. and you can vote more than once using different devices.  It might be possible for the computer savvy types to vote more than once on their appliance.  Thanks guys.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    Rocker said:
    I am asking that you vote for Roche.

Can I ask why?

Rocker said:

Can I ask why?

Two reasons my friend. (1) it is the best goal and (2) it is the best goal.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    Rocker said:
    Rocker said:

Can I ask why?

Two reasons my friend. (1) it is the best goal and (2) it is the best goal.

I see. I think I'll vote for the one that I think is the best goal then.

The result of the FIFA Puskas Award is (1) James Rodriguez, (2) Stephanie Roche, (3) Robin van Persie.

Thanks to all here who voted for Stephanie Roche.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum