U2 minus 1

What's Hot
The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Saw the Chris Martin clip. He wasn't very good. People knock Bono, but on a good day with the wind in his sails his voice soars.
    *mixed metaphors*

• U1?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 10068
    When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was a confirmation that U2 had lost their edge.

(I'll get my coat)
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1817
    I went home and watched it all last night:
    1 - Chris Martin was a surprisingly good Bono tribute, and he was obviously excited to be able to do it.
    2 - It was cool to see the other band members getting to say something, take a bit more limelight
    3 - Bruce Springsteen sang in a strangely aggressive and robotic kind of way, I wasn't impressed (and I'm normally a big fan)
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8563
    I enjoyed Chris Martin not doing the Bono Random singing thing at the end of Beautiful Day, though it threw the Edge off enough that he messed up the outro.

Have to admit I couldn't really stomach Springsteen doing Where the Streets have no Name. Didn't sound right! Plus the mix was a bit off which laid bare the fact that one of the most anthemic and climactic pieces of rock ever, the climax of the intro, is really just a clean strat and a dude banging a conga.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    I think there a a lot of similarities between Bono and Chris Martin.

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4099
    BigMonka said:
    3 - Bruce Springsteen sang in a strangely aggressive and robotic kind of way, I wasn't impressed (and I'm normally a big fan)
    Just watched the gig and when Bruce Springsteen stepped out I thought he looked uncomfortable.  Reckon his back was playing up?
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
    Algebra is shite.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    I'm givng Drew a wisdom, as he's probably posted the most relevant comment so far.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25052
    I saw the bloke on the far right in that Rolling Stone picture and thought they'd brought in Jim Jarmusch.

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28389
    HAL9000 said:
    When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was a confirmation that U2 had lost their edge.

(I'll get my coat)
    Lol denied as I HATE the phrase "I'll get my coat"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom