Les Lius

therose789therose789 Frets: 467
Hi All,

Just wondered what people make of the love pedal les lius? 

I have seen a lot around but never payed much attention to them but i have just watched a PGS demo of one and sounds quite nice. I know the PGS demos are pretty polished so i was wondering what people make of them? They seem to come ond go on the classified quite quickly. 

Has anyone played through an AC30 with one? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I have a clone. The lack of eq, apart from the 3 way switch, ultimately limits it. For the blues band I leave it on as a pre amp type thing as I'm not using any clean cleans and so any eq is done at the amp and I can use the gain switch for something a bit grittier or a Soul Food for warmer leads. I rather suspect that I just fiddled more with the amp I'd get close enough not to need it. It doesn't do that fat/ Neil Young thing that something like a Formula No 5 seems to do.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • JadedJaded Frets: 127
    I love mine, I set the toggle to the right (I think that's the "5E3" setting) which seems to be the most "transparent" for lack of a better term, it adds no brightness and doesn't seem to suck any low end either. Since getting it I haven't really had the urge to get any new dirt pedals (though the High Powered Tweed Twin is very tempting). 

Also seems to work great with every amp I've tried it through and the gain boost is fantastic, you can get into some pretty saggy fuzz face territory with it. The exception of my Mustang II, the gain boost becomes really harsh (like it's overloading something) but apparently those amps dislike being boosted much anyway... So when I'm in the Mustang amp I just use an LPB1 before the Les Lius in place of the gain boost and all is well :)

I've never used it with an AC30 but I can't imagine it being bad at all! You could also look into the High Powered Tweed Twin I mentioned as it's basically the middle toggle setting with no switchable boost (but still retains the gain control) and a 3-way toggle to tame the highs. 
  • I've got one as well. It's not on my gigging board at the moment, but I do really like it. Instant Stonesey crunch. My toggle's usually set to the right as well.

If you are after a tweedy style pedal then certainly look at the Catalinbread options. I actually just sold a Formula 5F6 this week (I'll regret that I'm sure!)