Fibre broadband finally coming to a box near me!

After about 2 years of "Coming Soon" I have now been able to order fibre broadband with an estimated speed of 77 down and 20 up.

As I'm currently getting an average of 7 down and 1 up I am quite looking forward to this!

Of course, my explanations as to why I'm shit at COD will have to be amended after installation...

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12052
    After about 2 years of "Coming Soon" I have now been able to order fibre broadband with an estimated speed of 77 down and 20 up.

As I'm currently getting an average of 7 down and 1 up I am quite looking forward to this!

Of course, my explanations as to why I'm shit at COD will have to be amended after installation...

I used to kick arse with a 1mb line, you have no excuses at 7mb :p

Welcome to the 21st Century !!! 70mb is quite an upgrade, now you can stream movies whilst download, and listen to spotify and surf the net as normal !

• RaymondLin said: 

Welcome to the 21st Century !!! 70mb is quite an upgrade, now you can stream movies whilst download, and listen to spotify and surf the net as normal !

I'm still able to do all that on my 6MB connection though, I'm not really being sold on the idea of upgrading unless I started downloading mega amounts everyday tbh. It'd help if fibre was able here though :(

p.s. Fret - I still kicked your ass on my old 2MB connection ;)
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24864
    RaymondLin said: 

I'm still able to do all that on my 6MB connection though, I'm not really being sold on the idea of upgrading unless I started downloading mega amounts everyday tbh. It'd help if fibre was able here though :(

p.s. Fret - I still kicked your ass on my old 2MB connection ;)

I do remember that!

The forum nights were great fun. Didn't matter how shit I was, Minky was always worst!

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24864
    I'm more interested from a work position really - sending and receiving scanned documents with over 500 pages is shite at the moment.

Especially if the scan resolution is too high.

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Bastard.

• I do remember that!

The forum nights were great fun. Didn't matter how shit I was, Minky was always worst!
    forum nights CoD4 were tip top.

I need to get into going online with GTA, although I haven't played it for a week only had time for quick blast games.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    A month ago I was in exactly the same place as you. Elated with the upgrade finally happening. I've went from 2.5 to 36, possible 70.

I'm a moaning git though so I still go on.