Show us your Loobs!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• LoobsLoobs Frets: 3897
    I'm gonna curl up in bed now with a cup of Rosie Lee and hope I improve sufficiently to go out on the piss tomorrow night.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 4159
    It's gonna be a beaut. GWS.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Cheers man!
  • TinLipTinLip Frets: 368
    I'm guessing a black pickguard on this one or do you have something else up your sleeve?

Yeah Bakelite man.

• MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    Looking very good. You've got a nice fit with that neck. :)
    Yeah! Snug.

Getting pickups tomorrow.
    Pickguard came, holes that were already drilled also out of whack. Any ideas how to plug the old holes? I will need to drill new ones very close to the old.
  • That looks gorgeous.
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    Loobs said:
    Pickguard came, holes that were already drilled also out of whack. Any ideas how to plug the old holes? I will need to drill new ones very close to the old.
    I have used bits of cocktail stick before now (just get as many rammed into the hole as possible, with a bit of wood glue) and got away with it. But I doubt that's the best way, especially if you're drilling again very close. My better way is just to get a bit of dowel, or something - start a bit oversize/diameter, and I just thin it by hand with a bit of sandpaper, until it can be pushed in the hole, again with a bit of wood glue. Then just smooth any sticking out bits so it's flush to the surface. Works for me anyhow.

A better way still might be to drill out the old hole, to a known diameter, and then fit a bit of dowel specced to the same diameter. I never bother (right or wrong!), although I might use a rolled up bit of sandpaper in the hole to be filled, just to rough up the sides and expose some fresh wood - so that the plug will glue in stronger. As is probably obvious, I'm not a pro - only posting because no one more qualified has yet! :D