Affordable Tone Bender Clones

What's Hot
DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
Are there any out there without going boo-teek?  I'm interested in a Mk III, and I'm struggling to find much (beyond buying a kit and building one myself).
New fangled trading feedback link right here!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• koss59koss59 Frets: 857
    I'm selling a Hudson White Heat if you're interested? It's a Vox Tonebender clone not a MK 3 though
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
  • koss59 said:
    I'm selling a Hudson White Heat if you're interested? It's a Vox Tonebender clone not a MK 3 though
    Cheers, but I definitely need some kind of tone-shaping options, and the MkIII looks the business in that respect.
  • Ghost Effects seem to do a lot of Tonebender types to order, although not spotted a MkIII on their site. Their pedals look really good and they have a few name users. Standard pedals around £100 so I'm guessing built to order will be a chunk above that.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    I find the Mk 1.5 is also very versatile, the pick of the bunch for touch-responsiveness and vol control response imo. I can't think of many non boutique apart from the fulltone soul bender. I could name a few boutique builders that wouldn't charge the £500+ a D*A*M build would be though. The key is to get some good trannies in there. 
  • allicioallicio Frets: 221
    Do yourself a favour and bite the bullet.http://www.joespedals.com/acatalog/Skinpimp_MK_II.html
    One of the best mkiii builds and Ryan Kirkland's stuff is going up in value all the time
  • xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    ^ that's my old one. It's a very very good build. I hate to admit that the only reason I got rid was because I didn't like the graphics. I like my tonebenders to be in big enclosures; old school! 
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6221
    tFB Trader
    I'm selling a couple that I've built, pm me and I can make some recommendations.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • thorpy6 said:
    I'm selling a couple that I've built, pm me and I can make some recommendations.
    Cheers, PMed!

Another thought...anyone tried the Basic Audio Scarab Deluxe?  Basically a kind of Silicon Tone Bender with a few more tweakables (Bias and Fat).  Demos sound good, but not sure how accurately it cops the "proper" Germanium vibe.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Forge, of this very parish does an excellent Tonebender clone of his own making.
    I was all lined up to order one but things have gone a bit pete tong financially.

Well worth a chat to him.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • allicioallicio Frets: 221
    ^^^ oh yeah!! That octagonal enclosure is ace!!!