Laura Snowden

imaloneimalone Frets: 748
Got to see this lady last week, she's rather good:
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2448
    Wow, she is good. I hope one day I can play just a little bit like that. I know it's hard to tell from a video but that guitar really did fill the room, it sounded great. I imagine it was a excellent concert.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    I'd definitely like to be able to do that, don't really have the patience or time, years of effort in there. (I'll skim over talent too...)
    Yes, she got very good sound, it was a classical coffee morning thing at the Royal Albert Hall. Not in the main hall, but the Elgar Room, which is a dining room upstairs. Played about an hour, some more Mertz, Mompou (which I didn't know), Albeniz - Asturias (which she did very well) and a piece by a British composer Lennox Berkeley which was apparently one of a large number Julian Bream commissioned for guitar to try and create a larger repertoire http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_Bream#Pieces_written_for_Julian_Bream_.28in_chronological_order.29
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    That's definitely worth a wow, thanks for posting @imalone . That has to be talent plus years of single-minded dedication and work - plus I think she has that extra special "something" that sets some people just a cut above the rest. I can totter through a few easier bits of Bach - oh to be able to play like that, but like you, I don't have the patience or time. Maybe you have to do the work when you're young to get to that kind of standard. She really sold me that piece though - had to listen to the end.