German Inefficiency!!

What's Hot
A shiny copper penny to anyone who can figure out why this delivery has just made me a wee bit mad?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    They seem to have sent it installed to some poor unfortunates knees.

Not seeing it dude but I am having a dim himbo day today.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Is that an amplifier footswitch control and you were expecting a loop switching system ?

That's my best guess.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    Alnico said:
    Is that an amplifier footswitch control and you were expecting a loop switching system ?

That's my best guess.

Good go but I'm actually in the right here. My order says FS7-HA, the invoice says FS7-HA and the box within the box says FS7-HE. It actually is a FS7-HE which is the switch for the Herbert and not the Hagen.

Quite gutted tbh as that's delayed jamming again. 
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16081
    edited December 2014
    The Germans NEVER could get Channel crossing right
    tae be or not tae be
    20reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Deijavoo said:
    Alnico said:

That's my best guess.

Good go but I'm actually in the right here. My order says FS7-HA, the invoice says FS7-HA and the box within the box says FS7-HE. It actually is a FS7-HE which is the switch for the Herbert and not the Hagen.

Quite gutted tbh as that's delayed jamming again. 
    I knew that !!!

I was just, erm,.......testing.........to see if, erm, ...........you knew what you ordered !?!?!

Seriously though i wouldn't know a herbert from a hagen if either jumped up and shagged me but i do know that Thomann are normally quite good at fixing cock ups.

Best of luck man
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73093
    Beaten to it, but you have a four-channel amp and they sent you the footswitch for a three-channel one...

lol at hootsmon :D.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TinLipTinLip Frets: 368
    What happened to Master 1?

• Deijavoo said:
    A shiny copper penny to anyone who can figure out why this delivery has just made me a wee bit mad?

Is it because it was a present from your Mrs?
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I thought they'd sent you the wrong sized jeans....
    Ha! Gan on BIG IAN!
  • They appear to have shipped you an entire stage with buttons attached instead of a small box that is portable allowing you to move it to a variety of venues etc.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    I don't understand why that thing exists.

I have Herbert #3. Back when it was made, there was no Columbus (which I now use), so the guy I got the head off had this built, allegedly by ProStage:

https://farm7.staticflickr.com/6077/6046571061_33aeb891a8_b.jpg

It's a total pain to use. You can't activate two parameters at once, just like on that thing in the OP. Which is kinda essential to get the best out of any amp that has a second master volume, let alone features like an FX loop or the Mid-cut.
    I'd rather the loop button wasn't there and I reckon I wouldn't need to switch two simultaneously as I didn't on my previous amps.
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22601
    edited December 2014

German efficiency: two World Wars suggest it's a myth. 

Did they remove your legs from the knee down as payment for the switcher?

German efficiency: two World Wars suggest it's a myth. 

Did they remove your legs from the knee down as payment for the switcher?

No I lost them last week, well I say lost, more like they removed them as payment. I was just embarrassed to say.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73093
    You are Douglas Bader and ICM £5.

:)

If they couldn't even stop a man with no legs escaping from a prison camp, it doesn't say much for their efficiency either! Though they did later take his legs away as well.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Deijavoo said:
    I'd rather the loop button wasn't there and I reckon I wouldn't need to switch two simultaneously as I didn't on my previous amps.

Though I'm really talking about the Herbert, I still think the need to switch two parameters at once applies to the Hagen. Consider the following:

Channel 1 > Channel 3 plus Loop

Channel 1 plus Loop > Channel 2 plus Master 2

Or on the Herbert, Channel 2 plus Mid-cut > Channel 3 plus Loop plus Master 2

etc.

You're looking at more than one stomp for any of those with the switcher in the OP (or with my custom-made jobbie), which is too much like tap dancing. I wouldn't want to be without the Columbus or an equivalent MIDI switcher. Columbus is especially easy to use because it connects to Diezels via XLR, which also provides it with power, so you don't need an additional power source.

It's just sooooo huge!
  • Deijavoo said:
    It's just sooooo huge!
    Show off!!
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    It's to reflect my own true image.

Come to think of it no wonder the wife runs a mile at the sight of the "midcut" button.