Iron Maiden Vinyl Re-Issues

What's Hot
In pursuit of former glories, I recently acquired the new piece-by-piece box set re-issue of the first eight albums.

Has anyone else got this? Wondered what you thought?

Thinking about it, there are a few issues that shouldn't be present in a 'collector's edition':
- 'Somewhere in Time' has a pressing defect (?)...I noticed a warble 2'50" into side two, track one...returned it and found the same glitch on the replacement
- the box is a really tight fit
- the artwork reproduction is pretty crap/blurry on the whole...I think they've struggled to get hold of source material

Slightly disappointed...but it's nice to blast it out on vinyl again after all this time...only problem is you can't skip 'Quest For Fire' ;-)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ReverendReverend Frets: 5130
    I've started getting the new reissues. To go with the picture disc reissues I got last year. And the CDs. And the originals I bought when they were released. And the tapes.
  • I sold all my vinyl for next to nothing when CDs came out!

Aside from the three gripes above, it's a pretty decent sounding set...proper nostalgia ;-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3087
    edited December 2014
    I sold all my vinyl for next to nothing when CDs came out!

Aside from the three gripes above, it's a pretty decent sounding set...proper nostalgia ;-)

I did the same. I've now spent a fortune on Discogs replacing them all.... Doh!

I was thinking about that boxed set, but you've kinda put me off, now. 

:D
  • My work here is done ;-)