Pedaltrain Jr and power supplies?

What's Hot
EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
I'm sure this has been discussed before but searching Pedaltrain on here gets sooo many hits...
Giving some thought to a Pedaltrain Jr to replace my couple of cheap end boards. Pedaltrain recommend their own power supplies and the Voodoolabs Pedalpower seems linked to it but these aren't cheap. At the moment I have a Diago daisy chain thing which works fine but it is looking a bit knackered and having a daisy chain undoes some of the neatness of having a Pedaltrain.
Something like a Harley Benton Jr would be cheap and seems well thought of but it's beyond me to work out if it fits underneath ( either with Velcro or using the power supply brackets).
So does anybody know what would fit underneath that is back down the cheap and cheerful end?
Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
  • I did do a search and came back to Pedaltrain, Voodoolabs, Cioks and T Rex - none of which are what I'm looking for as I'm hoping there is a cheaper alternative.
    I have a Maplins style power supply which I'm certain won't fit and the Diago one I currently use which will but I'd rather not use a one spot type.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I did do a search and came back to Pedaltrain, Voodoolabs, Cioks and T Rex - none of which are what I'm looking for as I'm hoping there is a cheaper alternative.
    I have a Maplins style power supply which I'm certain won't fit and the Diago one I currently use which will but I'd rather not use a one spot type.
    What's the budget?

Mooer do a clone power supply
    Visual sound one spot might help
  • This is what I have done with mine, it's one of those cheapo "Powerbank" branded 5 output jobs. It just about fits under the board and was admittedly done in a hurry before a rehearsal the night I got the Pedaltrain and I've not bothered to fix it yet. My excuse is that I'll buy something better once the band makes a bit of cash money. So that'll be never...

Everything has been reordered as well. I know have the G3x along the bottom left edge, DC Drive next to it and the BYOC OD 2 and a BYOC Large Beaver on a riser above it. The momentary switch sits on the top left edge.

"As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowen said:
    I did do a search and came back to Pedaltrain, Voodoolabs, Cioks and T Rex - none of which are what I'm looking for as I'm hoping there is a cheaper alternative.
    What's the budget?

Mooer do a clone power supply
    Visual sound one spot might help

no specific budget but under £50 I guess.
  • This is what I have done with mine, it's one of those cheapo "Powerbank" branded 5 output jobs. It just about fits under the board and was admittedly done in a hurry before a rehearsal the night I got the Pedaltrain and I've not bothered to fix it yet. My excuse is that I'll buy something better once the band makes a bit of cash money. So that'll be never...

Everything has been reordered as well. I know have the G3x along the bottom left edge, DC Drive next to it and the BYOC OD 2 and a BYOC Large Beaver on a riser above it. The momentary switch sits on the top left edge.

oh, that looks what I have in a box in the garage. I was fairly convinced it wouldn't fit! Is that held on with Velcro? Looks like you have a daisy chain, I do have one if the 5 leads aren't long enough ( I suspect they aren't). I'll be happy if that goes under a Jr. :)
  • photekphotek Frets: 1469
    edited December 2014

I use a diago powerstation with my PT JR and as long as you clip the daisy chain out of the way it looks pretty neat I think, it is also really light and has been ultra reliable for years I would just keep that if it works ok with your current pedals.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Having the patch leads and the daisy chain all twisty over the board drives me a bit crazy. As long as they can be a bit more out of harm's way that'll be good plus a Jr should be more rugged and sloped. I was also thinking about the spilt pint of beer scenario - if you have a tray type board then it sits there with your pedals, on a Pedaltrain more of it goes through to the floor.
    Having done my last gig with the band on Saturday ( although I am auditioning replacements with them this weekend!) it isn't really urgent but a Pedaltrain is top of the shopping list if I do another band.
  • The powerplant junior is really rather small. I'll see if I can do a comparison shot during the week, but I'd say it's slimmer than an mxr pedal by quite some way and about the width of two side by side. Isolated, too, very quiet.

Not much power in it, though, only 120ma per output. Fine for most stomps, though.
  • Here's the updted layout. This is the board I use for the Police covers band.

The Powerbank is just bodged in with cable ties as it's an awkward size for velcro.

No daisy chain, I'm using 3 outs to power the pedals and the G3x's own power supply in an effort to reduce noise.

Thanks to the feet of the Jr it all just about fits. When we start gigging next year I'll have to do something a lot more serious and clean but it's fine for rehearsals just now.
    "As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky