What frustrates you the most about online shopping?

What's Hot

Comments

• allicioallicio Frets: 221
    I know of about 5 shops that under declare for UK customers
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4993
    Basically a 'one stop' shop.  Sell all the bits we need to get up and running - PSUs, Velcro, pedalboards, pedalboard cases, decent quality patch cables.  And keep spares, things like battery covers etc.  Price is only one element in the deal so don't cut your profit to a level where it is hardly worth your effort following up a query.  And answer all your emails promptly.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    I have never bought a pedal brand new in the UK always import from USA or buy used from here or fleabay if the price is right. American retailers provide great service, real time stocking, good comms and always have 15% or 20% off deals. Everything always turns up in working order at a great price.s
    And people wonder why UK shops shut!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    When you can buy 3 for the price of two where would you rather shop ? Pedals are pedals all my guitars and amps are purchased in person in the UK. Pedals are well overpriced in the UK.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I got all my pedals through joes pedals barring The strymons which came from Andertons.
    The level of customer service and knowledge that Joe supplies are worth every penny of any supposed UK up-charge.

You just don't get that from the states!

Of course you get great service from shops in America and delivery in 5 days ... How do you think these guys stay in business?
    Well op

There you have it!

Save your cash! Don't fucking bother.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11941
    There is also Thomann's.  I paid £310 for a Timeline, 3 year warranty? or is it 5?
    allicio said:
    Well op

There you have it!

Keep calm @allicio and keep shopping in America http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/16323/i-think-ive-just-bought-the-finest-tuner-in-the-world#latest You know it makes sense ....
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    All joking aside the classifieds on here works a treat and an online store offering used pedals would be useful. Also someone who focused on British builders would be of interest.
    There is also Thomann's.  I paid £310 for a Timeline, 3 year warranty? or is it 5?
    Don't bring up the Germans
    Yeah yeah smartarse! :)

If I could have bought that here I woulda done!

Plus its not a pedal! ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    edited December 2014
  • capo4th said:
    Of course you get great service from shops in America and delivery in 5 days ... How do you think these guys stay in business?
    Well, going by some accounts through selling gear to British guitarists and committing fraud. 

If all packages coming into the country had the right valuation and therefore the right import duty and VAT applied to them, then those US prices for new pedals wouldn't look so good. 

i simply hate paying more than I need to for anything. I want a deal on everything if I am dealing with a middleman. Dealers always have margins to play with. I work in the car trade and people always want £500 off.
    edited December 2014
    capo4th said:
    Well, going by some accounts through selling gear to British guitarists and committing fraud. 

If all packages coming into the country had the right valuation and therefore the right import duty and VAT applied to them, then those US prices for new pedals wouldn't look so good. 

Hello hello hello ! Do you work for HMRC ? I always pay my customs fees at the post office thank you !
  • capo4th said:
    Hello hello hello ! Do you work for HMRC ? I always pay my customs fees at the post office thank you !
    I didn't say you didn't. But there's been plenty said by British based folk on a variety of guitar forums about packages from US dealers that are undervalued. I've heard this argument about new pedals being so much cheaper in the US over at HC and here. For the vast majority of pedals bought from new in the US, if all the relevant taxes and charges are applied properly and the item is valued correctly on the customs label, they really aren't the bargain many say they are. 

Brits say they get ripped off. After living in Toronto for three years and hunting round the gear shops there, Canadians get fucked over way worse :D

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2371
    Drew_fx said:
    Lack of information about the product. I don't just want a recycled version of the manufacturers blurb. I want something from the shop themselves. Doesn't have to be a review, but just some guidelines.
    Agreed- just have a link to the manufacturer's website for more info.

Though, having the shop's own information can sometimes be a double-edged sword- I've seen online stores where the information was incorrect. In that instance I'd rather have the recycled manufacturer's blurb! :))
  • breadfanbreadfan Frets: 379
    capo4th said:
    allicio said:
    Well op

There you have it!

Keep calm @allicio and keep shopping in America http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/16323/i-think-ive-just-bought-the-finest-tuner-in-the-world#latest You know it makes sense ....
    And Canada  ;)