Announcing three new pedals from Fredric Effects

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• My posts are entirely my own! 

(I didn't actually spot the 'flag' button either!)

Apologies if I've upset anyone - was not my intention.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 11139
    tFB Trader
    No but Sporky is (I believe)  ... and his comment
    Sporky said:
    This area of the site is for UK builders to share knowledge, not for press releases.
    Was blunt, arguably, to the point of rudeness. There are ways of going about things, and we all know and love Sporky for the rude sod he is ... but new members don't have this insight.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• Right, can I propose a way forward here? I think the discussion's got to the point where it's not really fair to @timhulio to continue.

1 - @timhulio posts a new thread with the original content, phrased in a bit less of a press-release-y kind of way.
    2 - @timhulio uses that thread for all updates, like Jaden/Ash/Wez etc have done - it keeps all their stuff in one place, and interested parties only have to bookmark the one thread to stay up-to-date instead of watching the whole sub-forum.
    3 - Delete this thread, so as not to pollute the original intent with the discussion.
    4 - Everybody buys each other a pint

?
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • 'Wisdom' earned.

@timhulio might even get a sale from me if he started putting clean blends on his drive and fuzz pedals.

Mine's a Guinness please.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17899
    tFB Trader
    Spot on DS
  • @digitalscream, whole heartedly agree with you.

So I don't mind adding here as it is only temporary.

One addition suggested by Ash of real value "A message of welcome for new trade contributors with a set of basic guidelines would be good" and should encourage active participation across the whole FretBoard, not just in UK Makers, making it clear that all contributions and opinions are welcomed.  That should also avoid a repeat of this.  BUT there are some useful lessons included here, so...

One major point about this thread.

It would be a shame to loose it, and it also explains a number of different perspectives on this valuable topic.
    Could you guys not cut out the appropriate (controversial and unrelated to Tim's post) comments and put them into a discussion for future reference and further comment.  That leaves Tim's post clean.  It may even be enlightening.

tFB Trader
    @digitalscream, whole heartedly agree with you.

So I don't mind adding here as it is only temporary.

One addition suggested by Ash of real value "A message of welcome for new trade contributors with a set of basic guidelines would be good" and should encourage active participation across the whole FretBoard, not just in UK Makers, making it clear that all contributions and opinions are welcomed.  That should also avoid a repeat of this.  BUT there are some useful lessons included here, so...

One major point about this thread.

It would be a shame to loose it, and it also explains a number of different perspectives on this valuable topic.
    Could you guys not cut out the appropriate (controversial and unrelated to Tim's post) comments and put them into a discussion for future reference and further comment.  That leaves Tim's post clean.  It may even be enlightening.
    Plus one to that
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• Another +1 from me for suggestions.

I'd also like to add a general +1 for @Timhulio for makin. Great pedals at good prices (his GoldenEagle Klone is one only favourite pedals) and being a good faster dispatcher, which is always welcome.

And everyone likes a photoblog of a build :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1294
    tFB Trader
    @fretmeister - the Scrambled Brainz has a clean blend. Works nicely on both bass and guitar because of this.

Wow this thread really acquired a life of it's own! I don't think it should be deleted - there's lots of constructive opinions in it, and it's useful to thrash these things out when a new forum is still finding its feet.

IMO there are few enough professional UK builders of guitars, pedals, pickups and amps that if each one of them had a single thread to hawk their wares in whatever way they see fit it'd be in no way detrimental to the forum as a whole. I can think of ... at a push... a dozen pedal companies, half a dozen pickup builders (if that), one or two amp builders and not that many guitar makers (especially on a 'production line' sort of scale. I doubt they'd all want to post anyway. That said, I can see that it's more interesting for everyone concerned if there's a two-way discourse rather than just advert posts.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Sorry for posting an on topic question, but what does the switch do on the Trem?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader

timhulio said:
    @fretmeister - the Scrambled Brainz has a clean blend. Works nicely on both bass and guitar because of this.

Wow this thread really acquired a life of it's own! I don't think it should be deleted - there's lots of constructive opinions in it, and it's useful to thrash these things out when a new forum is still finding its feet.

IMO there are few enough professional UK builders of guitars, pedals, pickups and amps that if each one of them had a single thread to hawk their wares in whatever way they see fit it'd be in no way detrimental to the forum as a whole. I can think of ... at a push... a dozen pedal companies, half a dozen pickup builders (if that), one or two amp builders and not that many guitar makers (especially on a 'production line' sort of scale. I doubt they'd all want to post anyway. That said, I can see that it's more interesting for everyone concerned if there's a two-way discourse rather than just advert posts.
    Welcome Fretboard geezer ... I am biased ... but I think it's the best natured, and most balanced guitar related forum about ... but then pickup winders don't get out much :)

tFB Trader
    Sorry for posting an on topic question, but what does the switch do on the Trem?
    The switch doubles the rate of the tremolo. You can get some really weird effects if you set it ultra fast.

@TheGuitarWeasel Thanks, nice to be here! It's good to find a decent UK-based guitar forum, and this place seems to have something MusicRadar lacked. 
    tFB Trader
    Cheers

Had a listen to your youtube demo and it sounds great. 

Loving the Grumbly Wolf btw. It's got some serious synthy goodness.
  • EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    It saddens me to think that builders feel that they can't comment, speak and participate freely on the whole forum. I don't know what would fix that, but fix it we should. Ash? Tim? What are your thoughts on that bit in particular?
    I like the idea that everyone's here to enjoy talking geeky guitary stuff, all friends together - whether or not we work within the geeky guitary field. There are some forums where those who make stuff are very much a different species of poster, cats with bells on their collars. We don't want that. 
    edited October 2013 tFB Trader
    The metal shop who make my Super Unpleasant Companion enclosures fabricated me a prototype of a Hammond BB sized enclosure with CNC'd holes. Pretty swell jerb, even if the holes are on the wrong side. Obvs if they made another it'd be right ;-)

They also mentioned they can make the smaller, MXR-sized boxes. Think I'll get the next batch of percolators done this way.

tFB Trader
    EdGrip said:
    It saddens me to think that builders feel that they can't comment, speak and participate freely on the whole forum. I don't know what would fix that, but fix it we should. Ash? Tim? What are your thoughts on that bit in particular?
    I like the idea that everyone's here to enjoy talking geeky guitary stuff, all friends together - whether or not we work within the geeky guitary field. There are some forums where those who make stuff are very much a different species of poster, cats with bells on their collars. We don't want that. 
    We certainly aren't stopping people infact we welcome it. 

• Shameless bump, have used your harmonic perc for a long time and loved it. Just got one of your green russians in a trade and my god....................I'm back in love with muffs.
  • Have to say my Zombie Klon clone is my favrourite pedal in my board, thanks!