SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Mesa Boogie Road King (Series 1) Head Valve Amplifier & 4x12 Slant Cabinet - £1750 ono

For sale is my hand-made imported (California) all-tube Mesa Boogie Road King (Series 1) Head and 4x12 Cab, including 9-Way KingKontroller Footswitch, cables and Mesa Boogie protective canvas cover.

Renowned for being indestructibly built like a tank and crystal clear, shimmering clean tones all the way through to the most ridiculously hi-gain dirt around, this really is the most exquisite thing you could ever hope to put your beloved axe into....did I mention it was LOUD?

There are both series and parallel effects loops included, and the amplifier can viably power up to 4 different speaker cabinets. There is also a genuine lush analogue spring reverb built into the unit that can be recalled via the footswitch, as well as a solo switch that allows you to easily boost the volume to really cut through for solos, or if you just need a bit of boost for your choruses.

It is with some regret that I am selling this, as it really is the last amp you will ever need to own. However, my band no longer play together as much as we used to, and the arrival of a new baby has forced my hand! I have other amps to fall back on, but none ever turned heads at gigs like this...basically, I'm selling my star player. There is some cosmetic wear to the speaker cab, which I have tried to capture in the photos provided; however this does not affect the pure awesome tone or functionality of the amp at all. Also; because this is a much sought after USA import, I am throwing in a 240v step down transformer (RRP £60) which is pictured, to enable usage with a 3 pin UK plug.

I had all tubes professionally replaced about 18 months ago and there's still loads of life left in them. Due to it's size and weight it would make sense for buyer to collect, although I'll consider delivering to the West London/Middlesex area. £1750 onoThanks for looking! Photos below: 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Would you sell without the caB and if so, how much?
  • Sorry, scratch that. No interest in a us import as have had issues with conversions in the past
  • No problem. If someone is interested in just the head, I'll call it £1400

Cheers
  • Bump
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2521
    Why is an American, NON import model "sought after"?
    Are they different from the correct 240v UK versions??
  • deloreandelorean Frets: 241
    No difference. I've been using US imported Boogies for the last 10 years. Currently using a US Mesa Roadster head.

Sure, you have to plug them into a stepdown transformer but those aren't big, and certainly not a chore to just sling in the gigbag and take to gigs. I've had 6 US amps in the last 10 years and never had as much as a single issue.

The other guitarist in my band has owned the same amp as me (UK model) and I can confirm they sound identical.

Just my 2 cents :-)