Daily Mail Website

What's Hot
How many upvotes do you guys have on the DM website?  
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• All mine got taken by the gay immigrants who brought the nasty weather with them
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • None. Management don't print my comments suggesting Liz Jones be replaced with a tame ferret with a typewriter. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    I think the person with the most upvotes should receive a free fitting for a straitjacket.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Oooo... can we do a Grauniad thread next!?!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I find they're mostly pretty reasonable.
    My V key is broken
    edited December 2014
    Most of the people who complain about the DM never ever fucking read it, and just get their views from other people who have also gotten their views from other people who have ALSO gotten their views from other people... rather than actually educating themselves.

I go through phases: I either read everything I can get my hands on, or I completely ignore EVERYTHING.

*ALL* newspapers post vile repugnant shit. The DM is not special in this regard.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    Drew_fx said:
    Most of the people who complain about the DM never ever fucking read it, and just get their views from other people who have also gotten their views from other people who have ALSO gotten their views from other people... rather than actually educating myself.

I go through phases: I either read everything I can get my hands on, or I completely ignore EVERYTHING.

*ALL* newspapers post vile repugnant shit. The DM is not special in this regard.
    I find the BBC is the only thing I really pay attention to nowadays, even then I take it all with a pinch of salt. 
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited December 2014

Daily Mail is only as bad as the Guardian or the BBC or Channel 4.  If you think not, you are prejudice.

It is just as biased as the Guardian. 

It will run a story about inundation by immigrants followed by a story that you can have a comfortable lifestyle on £10k a year, where as the Guardian will run a story on how we aren't being swamped by immigrants and that £10k a year is unaffordable.  All just as bad in equal measures.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    (fixed my Fruedian slip!)
  • Sambostar said:

Daily Mail is only as bad as the Guardian or the BBC or Channel 4.  If you think not, you are prejudice.

It is just as biased as the Guardian. 

It will run a story about inundation by immigrants followed by a story that you can have a comfortable lifestyle on £10k a year, where as the Guardian will run a story on how we aren't being swamped by immigrants and that £10k a year is unaffordable.  All just as bad in equal measures.

So true!  Sums it up perfectly.  

• EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    BBC news is largely run by ex Guardian staff. The Mail is pretty low brow but is at least professionaly put together. The Guardian is a parody of what it was in the 90s.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Evilmags said:
    BBC news is largely run by ex Guardian staff. The Mail is pretty low brow but is at least professionaly put together. The Guardian is a parody of what it was in the 90s.
    I dunno, the Mail has it's moments.....
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    I like the DM website. There's never a shortage of bikini clad celebs in the sidebar. The BBC is useless for that
    All practice and no theory
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31150
    I think they banned me when I pointed out that supporting a Monarchy and supporting Equality cannot co-exist.

The outrage was amazing. And no-one got the genuine point I was making. You can't have both really.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• dafuzz said:
    I like the DM website. There's never a shortage of bikini clad celebs in the sidebar. The BBC is useless for that
    I know, it's great!  I can look at those stories in work and IT will never suspect a thing as I'm just on the DM's website.  
  • Gassage said:
    I think they banned me when I pointed out that supporting a Monarchy and supporting Equality cannot co-exist.

The outrage was amazing. And no-one got the genuine point I was making. You can't have both really.
    Funny thing is that you can get away with racism and xenophobia on there and no one will say a word.