Comments

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Sociology.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Are the History students going to Anfield I wonder?

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

That's the first time I've seen "Culture" and "Millwall" in the same sentence*......

Is AS-level Sociology a pre-cursor to being a sociopath?

*Sorry @Clarky

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    awesome… maybe the fans should study the students… with a stick.. lmao
    play every note as if it were your first
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28006
    I went to my first ever football match when I was about 10.  Me and a load of mates.

We were "hard" and there was a load of us, so we'd be fine.

it was at the Old Den (early 70s).  Fulham won 3-1.

i still remember it well.  
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    How was the hospital food back then Tony?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

mike_l said:
    How was the hospital food back then Tony?
    If we hadn't made ourselves very *very* small and hidden behind the roof supports, I'd have found out.  I remember large groups of very large and angry looking men charging from one side of the stand to the other, and then back again, and then back again (repeat for about 90 minutes).

It was a good time at the time.

No, you're right, the Old Den was never a good idea.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11522

TTony said:

No, you're right, the Old Den was never a good idea.
    The new stadium is bad enough.  I went there once in the early 90s.  There was a riot after the match, burnt out cars in the car park of the Surrey Quays shopping centre and everything.  It was an important match, and the result didn't go Millwall's way, but the reaction was scary.  I'm just glad that I didn't wear my Forest shirt to that match.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Is there any other sport where fighting appears to be the fans main aim? I can't think of any offhand.

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3090
    chillidoggy;443069" said:
    Is there any other sport where fighting appears to be the fans main aim? I can't think of any offhand.
    All Muslims are suicide bombers, too.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    The New Den is probably the safest ground in the country these days. Unless you actively seek them out, you don't see a home fan as the police have got it so under control.

Actually, we went drinking around London Bridge before and after the game and bumped into some proper old school 'Wall fans and they were as good as gold - and that was after a defeat.

If you go looking to cause problems then you'll find plenty of trouble but a regular fan will not get grief these days.
  • I'm not a football fan, plus I'm Northern Irish, so I don't really get this, but was Millwall a club with loads of skinhead fans in the 80s and 90s or something like that?
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I saw Yeovil play Millwall, I heard a fan say "lets get out of this shithole and back to Landan"

If a Millwall fan says somewhere is a shithole it must be bad.
    My V key is broken
    I'm not a football fan, plus I'm Northern Irish, so I don't really get this, but was Millwall a club with loads of skinhead fans in the 80s and 90s or something like that?
    That would be a little like someone saying "Weren't there a couple of riots over there in the 80s and 90s?".

Millwall's fans weren't necessarily skinheads.  But they were (70s, 80s, 90s) probably the most feared of all the football-club associated hordes of complete nutters.
  • TTony said:
    I'm not a football fan, plus I'm Northern Irish, so I don't really get this, but was Millwall a club with loads of skinhead fans in the 80s and 90s or something like that?
    That would be a little like someone saying "Weren't there a couple of riots over there in the 80s and 90s?".

Millwall's fans weren't necessarily skinheads.  But they were (70s, 80s, 90s) probably the most feared of all the football-club associated hordes of complete nutters.
    lol I see.  
    TTony;443307" said:
    bingefeller said:

It goes back even further than that - it was in 1964 when millwall fans threw a live grenade at Brentford keeper, Chic Brodie.
    And the trouble between West ham and Millwall goes back way further than that Rob........

• NeilNeil Frets: 3701
    Millwall were certainly a load of Herberts down the old Den in Cold Blow Lane.

Fortunately West Ham (also top Herberts) rarely played them, usually being in a different division.

I remember not that many years ago when Millwall turned over the Sky sports van. 

West Ham/Millwall goes back to the days of the London Docklands,

Millwall went south of the river, and took a load of work from their previous neighbours in the eastend.

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24694
    RobDavies said:
    It goes back even further than that - it was in 1964 when millwall fans threw a live grenade at Brentford keeper, Chic Brodie.
    I couldn't believe I'd never heard about that so I just googled it.  Sorry Rob but it was a replica - not a real grenade.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."