A Tattoo Thread

What's Hot
DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
edited December 2014 in Off Topic
I only have two and only pictures of one of those which is (excuse the muffin tops, I'm back in top condition now...honest....):

Really into some great artists like Martin Couley (who did that up there), Dimitry Samohin, David Corden, Lee Reynolds, Rob Richardson, Phatt German, Paul Davies. There are so many good artists out there now and it seems like the standard improves every year.

Any other fans on here?
0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23674
    edited December 2014
    I'm not really keen on tattoos but I like the M.C. Escher drawings yours are based on!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    Cheers mate.
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    I like tattoos, but they hurt :D I own a tattoo studio, but not got much in the way of recent tattoos. When I worked in IT my home PC never got repaired as outside work I had no interest, its similar with tattoos now. By the time me and the wife finish with customers our tattoos are the last thing we want to think about.
  • Yes. Nice work there. Both my arms were done by Valerie Vargas, and I have a Sarah Carter tattoo too. Would love some work done by Mitch Allenden next, however my recent guitar and pedal splurges have put that on the back burner.
    Yeah, I've found that tattoos are down on my list of spends just now. I do want to get back in next year though, always got lots of plans!

Got links to your studio @Underdog?
    GavHaus said:
    Yes. Nice work there. Both my arms were done by Valerie Vargas, and I have a Sarah Carter tattoo too. Would love some work done by Mitch Allenden next, however my recent guitar and pedal splurges have put that on the back burner.

Any pics?
    edited December 2014
    Deijavoo;443613" said:
    Yeah, I've found that tattoos are down on my list of spends just now. I do want to get back in next year though, always got lots of plans!

You know what I've not got a web site for it :D we had one and it's been waiting 2 years for relaunch. With Facebook running a website is pointless.

I will steal some photos from Facebook site later as my wife deals with that so don't know login for it.

What's the name of your studio so I can look up your stuff on Facebook please? Always love finding new artists.
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6939
    underdog;443622" said:
    [quote="Deijavoo;443613"]Yeah, I've found that tattoos are down on my list of spends just now. I do want to get back in next year though, always got lots of plans!

You know what I've not got a web site for it :D we had one and it's been waiting 2 years for relaunch. With Facebook running a website is pointless.

I will steal some photos from Facebook site later as my wife deals with that so don't know login for it.

[/quote]

Lots of people don't use facebook still. Though I guess if you primarily have local customers a website isn't a big issue?

I'm on record on the other recent thread as saying I'm not a big fan of tattoos.

However some are real works of art and I'd acknowledge the skill. I used to want tats but that phase passed.

I wonder how I'd feel now had I got them all those years ago?

Previously known as stevebrum
    edited December 2014
    See, I think I'll be genuinely pleased as punch should I ever make retirement age and I believe I'll be even happier with (hopefully) by that point being pretty much totally covered.

Then once I leave work I can finally tattoo my hands and neck. An artist I know calls those "everlasting job-stoppers".
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Looks pretty cool man. I've thought about tats before, but not sure what I would want. Also, father in law would probably think I was goin' yakuza on him.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That's awesome.  Also if your brother ever gets wrongly sentenced for a crime he didn't commit. get's sent to a prison based on an Escher design, then you get yourself banged up in the same prison in order to help him escape then that is going to come in double handy.

After looking through close to a thousand artists, Mrs RHC & I are booked in with Kelly Violence in the new year... about February time.  We both have existing tats but I now want a full sleeve incorporating certain things an a particular design for my back which I think she'll do greats.  I'm going for just black this time.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Drew_fx;443681" said:
    Looks pretty cool man. I've thought about tats before, but not sure what I would want. Also, father in law would probably think I was goin' yakuza on him.

The traditional Japanese work is just wow tho.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    edited December 2014
    @Iamnobody we've had a site up and running but as the studio grew the site was taken down to 're design and then we took down again a year or so later, but it's not gone back up. It's so much easier with Facebook as a tattoo can be photographed and uploaded before the customer has even got in to their car.

Where as the website was becoming a lot of work to keep updated.

I've got tattoos I don't like, all are almost 20 years old, techniques and equipment changed so much in those years that what can be done now was not possible back then, and so much more basic looking, and if course I picked what was fashionable back then

It's something we strive to push, that a fashionable tattoo is a bad idea, and will be one you grow to not like no matter how well it's done.

We run a "no bullshit" shop. I already committed a sin by calling it a studio, we are not, nor a parlor or an emporium, we are a shop. No egos, no charging by the hour, no discrimination, no underage tattoos, and no pretence that the real tattoo world is anything like Miami/London/LA ink.:D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I've often thought about MC Escher as a source for tattoos. His work is excellent and any tattooist that can reproduce it correctly must be highly skilled. Awesome stuff, @Deijavoo :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    jd0272 said:
    Drew_fx;443681" said:

Yeah agreed. Lots of bad connotations in Japanese culture with tats though. Some places wont let you in if you have them, like the onsens and such.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    I've got a dragon on one shoulder,  thinking about something on the other arms - working up a design based on a guitar neck maybe with prs birds - hopefully over the christmas break I'll have time do something about it.
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Drew_fx;443725" said:
    jd0272 said:

Drew_fx;443681" said:Looks pretty cool man. I've thought about tats before, but not sure what I would want. Also, father in law would probably think I was goin' yakuza on him.

Yeah agreed. Lots of bad connotations in Japanese culture with tats though. Some places wont let you in if you have them, like the onsens and such.

You'll have more bother with that than me, my Mrs hails from The Land Of The Prince Bishops, nowhere near as exotic ;)
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I'm going to get a shit tattoo of mine covered up soon with a crow design. I'd love a sleeve, but I'm skint.

The guy who did this works in Gateshead, I'd like something from him

My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom