Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Firebird X limited edition - - - - (go on take a peek)

What's Hot
Just thought I would throw this out there.  Stimulate a bit of "discussion" maybe ?

now it's over to you...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jaygtrjaygtr Frets: 218
    Err thanks, but no thanks.

• They have done an LP too. Hideous.  I think even if people would like the technology, they wouldn't want the horrendous appearance.
  • Guitars have to evolve, and the traditionalist in us finds it hard to accept radical changes in guitar design. However, to me it appears Gibson and Fender are tinkering with existing designs rather then being bold and radically changing away from the status quo of the Les Paul, SG , Strat and Tele.

Who will invest money into these guitars ?  What ever we buy there is always that notion in the back of our minds that one day we may sell the guitar we've just bought, potentially losing money in the process.

Outside of that, it looks weird.

• Are they relaunching them, or is that just a legacy page? If you missed it the launch of these was fantastic. Big marketing teaser campaign saying "this changes everything" and "the future". Followed by an Apple style launch/press conference. The guitar players of the world then shrugged their shoulders in unison and laughed.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Wow.

Who'd have thought, another 'LIMITED EDITION' Firebird X....

The queues must be going around the corner for these bad boys.
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    It's fucking horrible. Sure it's feature laden with unlimited uses in the studio. Which is where it should be kept.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • Pretty sure that's the original page for it, not a new version. 

They already recalled the unsold ones and turned the innards into LP-Xes, so I'm pretty sure they won't have built even more of the things.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    One day in  the future, we will regret not rushing to buy one of these. Or not. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 617

Sad SOB that I am I actually quite like it ... & normally I'm not a Gibson fan at all

Perhaps I'm getting too old LOL

Cheers

Baz

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I like the blue swirly finish.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 685
    edited September 2013
    If you read the endorser comments there is a common thread to it's use.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33881
    Hideous.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12694
    Hmmm - styled by Stevie Wonder after a seriously good night on Absinth and LSD. Ugly as hell
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26935
    edited September 2013

Guitars have to evolve, and the traditionalist in us finds it hard to accept radical changes in guitar design.

They don't have to evolve, but they will naturally change over time. That's fine. However, that doesn't mean that you have to put a computer in it, thus guaranteeing its obsolescence.

I'd much rather that they worked on the materials themselves. Perhaps a way to make graphite necks less hideously expensive etc.
    <space for hire>
  • It looks like a dogs dinner which would suit my playing perfectly. I'm pretty sure I'd play one just to get on people's nerves. I'm a contrary sod like that :)
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 559
    I like the looks without the mad controls, they are a mess.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72832
    I hate the shape, and I don't like the way it's so rigidly tied to onboard technology (guaranteeing built-in obsolescence), but I actually like the controls and the bowling-ball finishes, and *some* of the concept of moving the guitar forward. Phil Manzanera using one counts for a lot too.

And if it was a *lot* cheaper, like around the price of a Variax.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ROOGROOG Frets: 559

"Turbo charged pure analogue engine" They are kidding aren't they?

There is trying too hard and then some.

I agree with ICBM re the pricing.

• ROOG said:

"Turbo charged pure analogue engine" They are kidding aren't they?

This is the same company that bragged about how awesome they were because their guitar had four separate operating systems in it. Until, of course, they discovered that a lot of guitarists are also techies and programmers who knew that adding complexity like that just means that it's a) less likely to be supported for very long, and b) less likely to work for very long.

So no...I very much doubt that any of it is analogue.
    <space for hire>
  • Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4779
    edited September 2013
    Pretty sure that's the original page for it, not a new version. 

They already recalled the unsold ones and turned the innards into LP-Xes, so I'm pretty sure they won't have built even more of the things.
    You are very correct my good friend.  Here's link to the thread discussing what happened to the Firebird X.