Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Do your kids believe in Father Christmas?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• If I was raised as a Jehovah's witness I think I'd be more inclined to believe in Father Christmas.

"Mum, when I was a school today the other kids were saying that our version of Christianity is weird."

"Well you just ignore them son!"

"So... Mum... all this stuff we learn at church is true, yeah?  We're right and they're wrong?"

"Yes son."

"So God definitely exists?"

"Yes son."

"How about Father Christmas?"

"Absolutely not!  No way Pedro!  Father Christmas does not exist so don't ask again."

See, now straight away I'm thinking that he probably does exist and probably knows something they don't want me to know.  Like when your parents tell you "This chocolate is for grown ups only!" because they want to scoff the lot themselves.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    holnrew;443997" said:
    If I'm ever lucky enough to have kids I'm going to find it difficult at christmas, I don't lie and it might cause a bit of friction with Mrs Holnrew-Dennings.

It's not really lying, it's more collective story telling enmasse. Of course, your kids could always be wildly popular in primary school with their peer group in December with a 'Santa is NOT real' stance....

They're kids. Kids like Christmas.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    randomhandclaps;444008" said:
    If I was raised as a Jehovah's witness I think I'd be more inclined to believe in Father Christmas."Mum, when I was a school today the other kids were saying that our version of Christianity is weird.""Well you just ignore them son!""So... Mum... all this stuff we learn at church is true, yeah?  We're right and they're wrong?""Yes son.""So God definitely exists?""Yes son.""How about Father Christmas?""Absolutely not!  No way Pedro!  Father Christmas does not exist so don't ask again."See, now straight away I'm thinking that he probably does exist and probably knows something they don't want me to know.  Like when your parents tell you "This chocolate is for grown ups only!" because they want to scoff the lot themselves.

Pedro is a lovely name. You lucky b'stard.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    holnrew said:
    If I'm ever lucky enough to have kids I'm going to find it difficult at christmas, I don't lie and it might cause a bit of friction with Mrs Holnrew-Dennings.

It's not really a lie, it's more like.......bullshit.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10775
    Grunfeld said:
    viz said:
    PART human.
    haha, I stand corrected! 

But could you say that actually it's accurate to describe him as "non-human" because, well, he isn't human.  And that "part-human" is more like a sub-class of "non-human"?

Fuck, don't answer that!  I was going to draw a Venn diagram and then realised... I'm trying to argue about Mr Spock, from Star Trek, on an internet forum, in a thread about Father Christmas!  (And I wonder why I don't have a regular gf).   ;)

haha :))
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Grunfeld said:
    viz said:
    PART human.
    haha, I stand corrected! 

But could you say that actually it's accurate to describe him as "non-human" because, well, he isn't human.  And that "part-human" is more like a sub-class of "non-human"?

Fuck, don't answer that!  I was going to draw a Venn diagram and then realised... I'm trying to argue about Mr Spock, from Star Trek, on an internet forum, in a thread about Father Christmas!  (And I wonder why I don't have a regular gf).   ;)
    And you don't class your right hand as a "regular girlfriend"?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

mike_l said:
    Grunfeld said:
    viz said:
    PART human.
    haha, I stand corrected! 

And you don't class your right hand as a "regular girlfriend"?
    I fucking do. 

I'm married. Go figure...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6939
    edited December 2014
    Something happens when you have kids that turns you into a big soft shite.

There's lots of things I said I would and wouldn't do beforehand. I probably said things similar to Holn at one point...

The fact they do believe makes you want them to - if that makes sense?

You aren't lying to them you just don't correct them.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15879
    holnrew said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yil9wlfa0yo

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    VimFuego said:
    holnrew said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yil9wlfa0yo

Give the man a coconut!

• My son is 10 weeks old, he's barely aware of his own existence.
    Use Your Brian
    My son is 10 weeks old, he's barely aware of his own existence.
    Make the most of every minute fella. Goes like a flash. Spencer our 3yr old/youngest starts nursery in January. No idea what I'll do with myself on my weekdays off. Me little mate's going. :(