Anyone bought a scalextric set for Xmas?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    /\ Beer sprayed over table, and nearly over Mrs C's G&T!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ???  wheres the WTF button when you need it.

• ROOGROOG Frets: 562
    edited December 2014
    Shit dumping quad copers eh? In my day of RC planes we had sweetie bombers, but this takes the idea to another level, and just think of the accuracy, You're right @thumpingrug WTF

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    My first Scalextric set cars were the shark-nose Ferrari, and a Cooper of some description. Which would make it about 1962

• BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1793
    ROOG said:
    If so, was it fun or a one minute wonder? Never had one as a kid, too expensive, now I'm a big kid I could get one. Also torn over big traditional scale and the new tiddly one?
    I never had a set as a kid and can't wait for my kids to be a couple of years older so that I can get one without it being too obvious that it's for me not them!
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2491
    My first Scalextric set cars were the shark-nose Ferrari, and a Cooper of some description. Which would make it about 1962
    I had a pair of coopers, and a March 6 wheeler, amongst several other cars :)
    Bought a load of scalextric from my older brothers mate (who was loaded), it was about 3 big sets worth. Set up in the loft with 3 transformers powering it (Spa Francorchmps size track but with roof trusses). Many a happy afternoon spent up there.
    My kids are too young for it yet but as soon as they're old enough they'll be getting some and getting shoved into the loft :)
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12459
    You need a big track to have a good time on the 'Lextric. A small track and they just whizz off and smash against the wall on every bend.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"