if you like f zero gx,this is mental.

What's Hot
guy speed running the master level with the blue falcon (the guy must be a computer to have those reaction times).

makes me want to buy another gc and copy of the game :-(
i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I have been using the Blue Falcon in Mario Kart 8 Wii U; obviously not the same but good memories
  • I had F Zero on the SNES. Ah memories.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17899
    tFB Trader
    Interesting fact for all you geeks. 

Mario Kart was meant to be F-Zero 2, but the split screen mode introduced too much slowdown for the futuristic high speed racing concept so they made it into a kart racing game.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Interesting fact for all you geeks. 

Mario Kart was meant to be F-Zero 2, but the split screen mode introduced too much slowdown for the futuristic high speed racing concept so they made it into a kart racing game.
    Aye I heard about that. I much prefer Mario Kart!
  • Mario Kart is basically the friendship test - it is like the computer game equivalent of Monopoly as far as the potential for frustration goes.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    edited December 2014

I love F Zero GX and Wipeout and all that. At top speeds it's less about reactions and more about muscle memory imo, you just can't think that fast, you memorise the tracks at slow speeds and gradually ramp up the tempo.

Bit like learning that wossface thing... the musical instrument... gah its name escapes me now

All practice and no theory
    dafuzz said:

I love F Zero GX and Wipeout and all that. At top speeds it's less about reactions and more about muscle memory imo, you just can't think that fast, you memorise the tracks at slow speeds and gradually ramp up the tempo.

Extreme G was like that on the N64, either that or I was crap at it.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    dafuzz;445454" said:
    I love F Zero GX and Wipeout and all that. At top speeds it's less about reactions and more about muscle memory imo, you just can't think that fast, you memorise the tracks at slow speeds and gradually ramp up the tempo.Bit like learning that wossface thing... the musical instrument... gah its name escapes me now

Skin flute?
    dafuzz said:

Extreme G was like that on the N64, either that or I was crap at it.

I had a bit of a soft spot for Extreme G but the N64 couldn't handle the framerate, and I had a PSX at the same time with Wipeout 2097 and XG just couldn't compete.
  • I have played and loved all the F-Zeroes equally. Really enjoyed Wipeout HD on PS3 as well. Might have to get that going tonight. Or Mario Kart, or Toybox Turbos. Gah! No time for all the games!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    That was a hardcore fucking game. I've never felt such triumph at coming third... Never got far in the story mode.
    My V key is broken