So I just bought a metal zone...

What's Hot
GIJoeGIJoe Frets: 213
It was a job lot, and I wanted the DM2.  I might keep the CE2 as well but I'm definitely selling the metal zone!

"Nobody is really researching robot jokes"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    The ce2 is just luuurvley

Who the fuck used a ce2 and metalzone together haha

80s shred solo anyone?
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7853
    £5 ?

;) 
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12683
    Hi Band Flanger wasn't a bad pedal either...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72673
    impmann said:
    Hi Band Flanger wasn't a bad pedal either…
    It's a great pedal to use in a band mix where the bassist uses a BF-2. Because it operates an octave higher and the rates are never sync'ed, you get a fantastic "everything through a Leslie" effect when you use them both at the same time. I did swap the HF-2 for a BF-2 when I stopped playing that sort of stuff though, the HF-2 sounds more metallic and artificial on its own.

I actually like the Metal Zone too - I know it's not for everyone, but don't give up on it without trying what it can sound like with the gain low and experiment with the EQ, you can get good sounds out of it.

And no I don't want to buy it :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 721
    edited December 2014
    [caveat: I don't want to buy it either ;)]

After a similar post by me a little while back, I found through playing with it I could get some interesting sounds by using the boost part of the pedal to give a kind of "half cocked wah" sound. I've found you can get some interesting fuzz type sounds out of it, especially if you put another drive pedal before it.

It's still what I'd call "special interest" though, I couldn't get a good metal sound out of the thing. But I still stand by the fact that I used mine in the 90's (in a band) in front of my trusty Laney 120 Works Series - I swear it sounded good back then. Tastes have changed, plus my memory isn't what it was ...
  • I'd say keep the lot, they look in good nick and make a handy grab and go board.

What kind of music are you playing Joe?

"As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
  • GIJoeGIJoe Frets: 213
    @failed_astronaut

I'm all sorted for pedals now, it really was only the DM2 and CE2 I wanted.

This is the latest (live) album I played on:

"Nobody is really researching robot jokes"