iFrustration. Sharing from iPhone

What's Hot
I have an iPhone and a Zoom iQ5 (external mic).  I want to share my recordings straight to the band Facebook thread but apparently iCan't.

I can only seem to upload photos to FB chat, the dropbox app is terrible (again seems to only give me the option of photos, crashes all the time anyway), the email app is the same... the only thing I can work out that works is pressing on the file in voice memos and then sharing it to mail and mailing it to the band account.  But this isn't what I want to do - I want it in the FB thread.

So far it seems you still need a laptop/desktop involved at some point as iPhones can't post sound files to FB chat or dropbox or emails within the mail app.

Any ideas on a workaround that doesn't involve using a computer?  I don't really want to have two threads of conversation going (email and FB).

iAppreciate any help!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Are you trying to post the sound files directly to facebook?

If you are, the soundcloud links might be an option? Upload your audio files with the Soundcloud app, then share the link?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    ^What he said
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I didn't think of that. I will give it a bash!
  • Well apparently the Sound Cloud app doesn't let you upload either! 

I've grabbed two Dictaphone/recording apps that apparently can upload to sound cloud or drop box, annoyingly they can't pull through files that are already recorded but I'm going to try recording ideas into both at tonight's writing session and will give my impressions later.
  •  

iCant help but what does the Mic sound like out of interest?

I've been trying to edit movies from my iphone this week and iCan't do that either.  You start a project in iMovie and then go back to it and all the clips have gone back to the cloud.  So you download them from the cloud to edit on a PC and find all of the videos need converting to use movie maker.  So you try lightworks and find it plays the normal ones, but not the Mjpeg slo mo videos.  So you have to email every slo mo video to yourself from your iPhone, by which time you just say iCan't.  Totally irrelevant to your question, but had to get it off my iChest.

• Sounds miles better than the inbuilt one.  There is also a different one which is X/Y, but you can't angle that one for videos.  The iQ5 can have correct orientation sound for landscape videos.  It is also really small and lightweight.

The only clip I have uploaded is this, recorded in a huge room at high volume: