Couriers

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72514
    Just had a classic even by the standards of Herpes. Got home to find a card from them saying they'd left a package in our black bin. Which is odd, as since we had our extension built there is no way to get from the front of the house to where the bin is kept - in the back garden, I have to bring it through the new workshop on bin day…

But it was in the bin! The only way into the back garden is to go through our neighbour's garden and climb over the fence. And the neighbours were in all day… so not only did the twat trespass in our back garden and the neighbour's garden where he had no right or reason to be, to get there he had to walk past their front door where a simple press of the doorbell would have allowed a proper delivery.

Unbelievable. Except for the part that it was Herpes.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SRichSRich Frets: 763
    Part of the company I work for factors parcels worldwide and hence we use all the usual suspects...........the stories I hear and could tell............

I do have to agree on DPD of late though.......their predictions of a delivery date are really accurate.......they gave me a one hour window 12:50 - 13:50 for a delivery and actually delivered at 12:49 (which I suppose is technically an incorrect delivery time!)...........but it's almost uncanny to give such a service.

Costs however.....I think a lot of retailers / sellers will have to pay more in the coming year for a service which is sustainable....clearly Citylink couldn't make a go of it in the marketplace.....I do wonder what happens next. 

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I like DPD too, it's really useful knowing when they'll deliver. All the Amazon Prime deliveries seem to go through them.
    My V key is broken
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    I had an inter parcel delivery once where the guy sat outside in his van texting for about 10 minutes while I was waiting to go out