Crap Couriers and Paypal refunds

What's Hot
BudgieBudgie Frets: 2112
Hi

My wife has bought me a Graham Coxon Tele for xmas but sadly it's now in the clutches of UK Mail courier, who, quite frankly are the worst couriers I have ever experienced. We've had problems before with non-deliveries and having to collect stuff from their depot in the past.

Anyway, the guitar should have been delivered on Wednesday.. it wasn't. Then they claimed to have tried to deliver on Thursday... they didn't, I was in all day and there's no chance I would have missed them. They now seem to have mislaid it but think it 'may be in their warehouse somewhere'.. WTF!!

I have spoken (several times to the retailer) and they have been told as soon as they manage to locate it they'll try (try, not will) deliver over the weekend. I enquired about just refunding and they say they can't until it is officially lost - my experience of UK Mail is that they are more than happy to lie through their teeth.

I'm going to go their their depot later and see if the dipshits can find it as we are going to be out quite a bit over the weekend. 

Is it feasible, given the above, to lodge a dispute with Paypal to try and retrieve the payment? 

I appreciate that they are going to be busy - but it's pretty bleedin' obvious they are going to be busy at this time of the year and should perhaps plan better for it.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Budgie said:

I appreciate that they are going to be busy - but it's pretty bleedin' obvious they are going to be busy at this time of the year and should perhaps plan better for it.
    The whole logistics industry is in meltdown at the moment. This year the online shopping figures have broken (doubled) previous records....so cracks are showing everywhere.

All that black friday nonsense didn't really help as it just gave the couriers and delivery firms a massive task, that has resulted in a lot of backlog which are still not cleared as they don't have any slack to play catch-up.

Annoying for everyone sat waiting for a parcel, but few of these businesses had the infrastructure or manpower to cope with a +200% peak.

I'd wait and see before trying to raise a claim.

• BudgieBudgie Frets: 2112
    It's not the waiting, it's the fact they don't know where it is and the fact they claimed to have tried to deliver already which they definitely haven't. We've done all of our xmas shopping online this year and have had no problems at all with any other couriers. 

• Budgie said:
    It's not the waiting, it's the fact they don't know where it is and the fact they claimed to have tried to deliver already which they definitely haven't. We've done all of our xmas shopping online this year and have had no problems at all with any other couriers. 

Btw, I completely agree that they're really poor (down to training and management practices really). 

They don't know where it is because they have a really shit warehouse management system and drivers who have to meet impossible schedules (and yes they'll lie). 
  • I believe paying by credit card can give you extra protection when things go wrong (for purchases over £100 and under £30,000).

Hope you get it sorted soon.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    I would not wait to lodge a claim - you can always withdraw it later if necessary...
  • You might have luck with them on Twitter https://twitter.com/officialUKMail

I had a problem with Yodel last week and managed to make some progress via their Twitter account.  
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2112
    Thankfully, all is sorted. I went to the depot and collected, despite almost not being allowed to take, and arguing the point that I've come to collect it, due to them having 'upgraded' it to a Saturday delivery. UK Mail are a disaster. There was also a sizable queue of people being BS'd too... the phone was ringing off the hook and nobody bothered to answer. If I hadn't had this crap off them before and nowhere near Christmas, it would almost be forgivable. 

Anyhoo, chuffed with Mrs. B for treating me to this :)
  • GruGru Frets: 339
    I sent a guitar via Rm (stupid) and up until the I got a message saying that it was great, the system had no record of the ref number.

Complete shambles.

I feel your pain. The day sent it I was doubting the move.

I have a Strat and another acoustic to purchase and then I'm done, I just can't be bothered with it any more. When you sell something, local people rarely ever want it, but if you post you have to protect it incase it might be run over by a car!
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12521
    Interparcel via UPS is the only courier I'd trust to send out guitars these days. At least you can buy decent (& claimable) insurance with them.
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    I find DPD to be the best. They give you a delivery slot timed within an hour and you can track the driver online in real time. Can be entertaining watching him traversing streets in your area using the tracking tool and trying to predict whether the optimal route is being followed.