Kettles

What's Hot
I'm aware that this result in me being the target of jokes much like the @chillidoggy toaster thread.

I'm thinking about splashing out on a new kettle. When we moved into our new house we spent about £30 on a stylish one but it developed a fault so we sent it back and replaced it "temporarily" with a £10 job from Argos. It works just fine and doesn't look too bad but it can't pour to save its life - hot water goes all over the worktop, and frequently runs down the side of the kettle and drips onto my socks which results in a short scald.

So, it's got to be replaced. I'm well aware that superior pour ability is not just limited to expensive kettles, but I'm fed up of buying cheap appliances which tend to have minor quibbles. I'm happy to spend a reasonable lump of cash on a superb kettle - it gets used several times per day, every day, and they last for years, so £60 doesn't seem like a crazy amount to spend. Of course, cheaper options will be considered.

We'd like something stylish - brushed metal would fit with the rest of our kitchen. The main requirement is that it pours nicely. And it really ought to be cordless - y'know, where it sits on a base that provides power.

Please let me know if you have a kettle that fits that criteria. I want to buy one based on recommendation. I doubt there are kettle retailers where you can test the pour ability.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments