Did a charity gig tonight...

What's Hot
Conquered the fuck out of that shit. Hopefully it'll do a bit of good too.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    edited December 2014
    Played a few charity gigs in my time and each time I say "never again". Always been an absolute shambles in my experience.
  • It's something I'd like to do more (plenty of worthy and needy causes about too).

Good on ya man.

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    We do a fair few. Always a fucking hoot IME. Get fed, can't whinge. Always for a good cause so leave feeling 'normal'. Ish.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • Quite relieved when I read the thread - I thought it was going to be a euphemism....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    I've done two before. Both in the open air, froze my balls off the first time, got told we were too noisy, and frightening the horses the second time. Never again.

• MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1571
    edited December 2014
    We play a few from time to time. We once did one for Mencap and were to all accounts putting on a blinding show, the whole room were on their feet dancing wildly to which our bassist then shouted over the mic "you're all going mental!!". Cue a very awkward moment!!!
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Good work.  I think doing the occasional charity gigs serves two purposes.  The first is obviously the charity but the second is keeping live music around and venues open long term as rather than venue owners having to pay money on a potentially hit and miss band, no one is concerned primarily about their own profits.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • We do 1 or 2 a year usually. It's good for getting into venues and showing people you're an easy to deal with band (as well as the obvious charity benefits). I like doing them if we're the only band on.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"