want to watch wood burn?

What's Hot
VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15896

it's not quite up there with paint drying, but I actually found this quite therapeutic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGiCUAMargY

I do have a reason for watching this, next summer my family are coming over to stay, and I thought it'd be a good idea to have a BBQ with home made charcoal (generated a lot of small wood the last 12 months, stuff that's less than 2" in diameter, so thought I'd have a go at making my own).

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4071
    I'd love to be able to work with fire and smoke like that.  Just kind of know what I was doing instead of burning the whole place down.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16081

awesome vid Bro. I have a 3 1/2  hour video of my cat sleepin'......I can send it tae you if you like

PS it was originally 4 hours but I edited out the boring parts

tae be or not tae be
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I love that kind of thing. I like to watch videos of metal forging and woodwork too.
    My V key is broken
  • Talk about gettin' your Sprouts on early!

Joking aside, there was something strangely mesmerising about that, have a wow!
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • Antique_GuitarsAntique_Guitars Frets: 1167
    edited December 2014
    This looks a bit like it could be at the Lost Gardens of Heligan (although its probably not), im pretty sure they have those wood burners for making charcoal there.
    Old Is Gold
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24709
    There's a dick upwind of me that regularly burns anything he can in the summer - with zero regard for anyone with washing out.  I might slip some ammonium nitrate in the bottom of his oil drum next time.  That would wake the fucker up.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15896
    This looks a bit like it could be at the Lost Gardens of Heligan (although its probably not), im pretty sure they have those wood burners for making charcoal there.
    I *think* it's sussex somewhere, but not sure where I picked that up (other than there's a lot of charcoal burning goes on in sussex). It's starting to become a bit of a thing down here as well, I've helped out some friends (eco hippies living off grid in the woods etc.) a couple of times when they've done a big burn, and they have plans to get more folks of a similar outlook to do the same.

• SnapSnap Frets: 6274
    Excellent stuff.

I love fires, always have. Thing is, mine usually involve accelerants and unforseen (by me at least) excitment, aka danger.

Mate of mine was burning some rubbish in his garden, left it going, small pile of stuff. His wife asked him why there was a big black cloud rising from the back garden - the fire caught his shed, took that out, his and his neighbour's fence and a big tree. Lesson learned.

My fires usually result in partial removal of facial hair and fringe
    girl I worked with at the NT set fire to a hillside, had to call out the fire brigade, took her a while to live that one down.

• Snap said:

My fires usually result in partial removal of facial hair and fringe
    That's Frankie Boyle's trip to Edinburgh ruined, then....

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3614
    I seem to spend more time watching 'tube' vids than proper TV or satalite these days. Very informative stuff of ingenious individuals doing everyday things.

• SnapSnap Frets: 6274
    VimFuego said:
    girl I worked with at the NT set fire to a hillside, had to call out the fire brigade, took her a while to live that one down.
    she wins the inaugural Fire & Silliness Award, 2014. Congratulate her on my behalf, in recognition of delivering a fantastically silly escapade. I am envious.
    Snap said:
    VimFuego said:
    she wins the inaugural Fire & Silliness Award, 2014. Congratulate her on my behalf, in recognition of delivering a fantastically silly escapade. I am envious.
    in her defence, she was reluctant to start the fire that day (it was on heath land, so you get a lot of dry, organic matter below the surface of the soil, which is how the fire can spread, but the boss thought that as it had rained for a few days it would all be damped down. He was wrong, but it didn't stop us taking the piss out of here (toy fire engines left on her chair, stuff like that)