Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Christmas Day

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• In my house it's always been that the little kids get to open their presents from Santa all at once but once you get into the other presents its one at a time round the whole room---I like seeing what everyone else has got, for me it takes the fun out of it when you're just concentrating on your own presents. It also makes it last longer instead of just five minutes of carnage  :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23713

When we were little kids our presents were left at the foot of the bed during the night and we could open them whenever we liked.

After my mum died and my stepmother (and stepsisters) came on the scene it all changed dramatically - everything under the tree and no unwrapping until everyone was gathered together and given permission to open things, one at a time.  Meanwhile the Quality Street was strictly rationed.

If my stepmother was having one of her "turns" and didn't put in an appearance then nothing got opened, sometimes not until Boxing Day.  It all had to revolve around her.  And that's not to mention all the rows....

I still hate Christmas.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    All that shit about taking it in turns onw by one to open presents..Bloody hell that is completely against the spirit of Xmas. My wife tried to import that little tradition from her family but I soon put a stop to that.

Xmas is about excitement, adrenalin and rampage when you're a kid.

What I do is leave the kids' main presents in their rooms for them to wake up to and find. That keeps them busy while I have a lay in.

All the smaller knick knacks get opened later in the morning.

If there's any left over they get opened after dinner.

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I used to sit and watch out the window the other kids play with their new presents.
    My V key is broken
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4640
    edited December 2014
    That's the way we do it too @UnclePsychosis we never had much as a kid (mum was on her own (she married a right fuckwit)) so it made it last a lot longer and everyone saw what everyone else got.  We didn't think this was bad or that mother was evil.. we quite liked opening the presents this way.
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2491
    holnrew said:
    I used to sit and watch out the window the other kids play with their new presents.
    You had a window?
    Lucky bastard.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27833
    edited December 2014
    Another one at a time family here. I actually want to watch people opening what I've got them. You can't do that if it's anarchy!!

Growing up it was always the same - little'uns have stockings as soon as they're up, then maybe one or 2 presents before lunch at 1 then full round-robin opening so everyone knows what everyone else has got.

And I agree 100% with @cabbagecat on the kitten-door-slam feeling!

It's just me & MrsF this year so it'll be breakfast, then get on with the turkey and pressies afterwards. Maybe with a nap in there somewhere too.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 562

Its not been quite the same since my kids grew up and fled the family home.

But its nice to see em back for the booze and the nosh each year!

Off to fetch No2 daughter this evening, so the house is going to be a bit more xmasy from this evening.

:)

• NeilNeil Frets: 3704
    When I was a kid it was up at 4am for a good tear into the presents.

After quite a lot of bits got lost etc my Mum enforced a new regime of stocking at bedside with a Cadbury's selection box and an annual which I actually enjoyed with the big presents being opened later at the ridiculously tardy time of 8am!

Great times. 
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15896
    holnrew said:
    I did that, but the parents thought it was wrong for a 25 year old man to do that and called the police. Still, got a warm bed for the night.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    edited December 2014
    Presents at 9pm Christmas Eve, all done and leaving the rest of the evening for drinking and listening to music.
    Christmas day is about waking up whenever everyone wakes up, a nice breakfast, cooking a big roast dinner, eating, watching TV and enjoying being together.

Opening presents on Christmas Eve makes Christmas day more about the spirit of Christmas and the celebration of Family.

I've heard people say it's just wierd but we've never given a fuck about that, it suits us and it's meant that our Christmas day has always been a relaxing and enjoyable day with never a single argument or any stress.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • @Alnico it may not be traditional but that sounds really nice. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Up at some stupid o'clock time.

3 of 'em asking, "Has he been????????" as I'm trying to get a cuppa on the go with the Santa Torch for guidance.

Then utter chaos. 

Then breakfast, some bathing, car to me parents, then more Utter Chaos, and dinner. Then, booze.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • I'm going to leave this here. I like it, and it sums up my feelings very nicely.

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom