Anyone use Discogs?

What's Hot
I've just got into using Discogs. Wondered if anyone here has used it. It's a site that allows you to create an online database of your music collection. It's actually quite easy to use. You can search for stuff by the barcode/ISBN or by the information used by the record label cataloging system.

If there's stuff you have that isn't in the database you can submit it. 

It lets you share, join communities/form groups, and you can buy/sell/trade on the site too. It's just kinda neat. It gives statistics about how many people have added the title to their own collection. Plus being on a website it's nice that it's available anywhere and I can update it as and when I want to! 

I've got through about 3 shelves of CDs in about 15 minutes just by punching in the catalog numbers off the sides of my CD cases! No more Excel or Access databasing for me!!

If anyone uses it and wants to see if we can form some kind of Fretboard community on there that could be cool?? :) 
Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10771
    edited December 2014
    I bought a rare record from a bloke in Greece the other day, it was a pain-free transaction.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10771
    Through Discogs, I should mention.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Oh cool. I like that they use a ratings system such as that used on eBay for those who choose to buy/sell on the site. 

I might set up my "wantlist" and see if I can snag a few bargains. :) Glad to hear of your good experiences. Wisdoms awarded. 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • I have about 300 records for sale on there, I have already sold about 150 over a year and a bit. Most transactions have been fine.
    Old Is Gold
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1024
    edited January 2015
    Sounds interesting, will check it out. Listening to most music these days via Spotify I miss reading the liner notes, some artists you come across on discogs and these are very detailed, where songwriters & sometimes the musicians who played on specific tracks are mentioned. Good stuff!