Do you go overboard with the grub shopping at Christmas ?

What's Hot
Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24709
edited December 2014 in Off Topic
Just reading a few threads and Chilli mentioned sausage rolls and I realised I haven't got any.  Then I felt bad - but - I've got enough for a turkey dinner tomorrow etc.  I just haven't spent half my month's salary on everything I can find in the supermarket.  However, the advertisers make you feel mean if you haven't got goose-fat roasties, honey and thingy parsnips, cranberry, bread sauce, crackers, hats, hams, cheeses, puddings, chocolates, mulled wine, non-mulled wine, spirits, eggnog, bucks fizz, melon and parma ham, cuddly toy, teasmade, pigs in blankets, sausage rolls etc etc.

It's fucking mental !

Have you filled up your larder and fridge with enough food to keep Mozambique going for a month, or are you more restrained ?

Christmas has turned from this...

Into this !

Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    It's the same as usual here, but with more booze.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • No, the supermarkets are open again on boxing day
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15896
    about the only thing we've got extra would be the joint (rolled sirloin), I made a stollen (which will probably serve as pudding, with cream) and I made several litres of sloe gin. Everything else is just what we have the rest of the year. The advertisers and marketing men can go fuck themselves.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    /\ I long for such austerity. 

Every year I try to cut back, but every year I am overruled. There did appear to be a lot less sweets and chocolate things a few days ago, however some have appeared as if from nowhere. That said, with my son here, I am actually looking forward to Christmas Day for the first time in a while. And with any luck I can rope him in to help me get the engine and gearbox out of the Lotus.

• /\ I long for such austerity. 

Every year I try to cut back, but every year I am overruled. There did appear to be a lot less sweets and chocolate things a few days ago, however some have appeared as if from nowhere. That said, with my son here, I am actually looking forward to Christmas Day for the first time in a while. And with any luck I can rope him in to help me get the engine and gearbox out of the Lotus.
    Going for better reliability then? ;)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    We're away from ours from tomorrow so the fridge is empty-bought a load of nice stuff (pate, cheeses, pretzels, a ham et etc) to take to my parents to save them a few quid.

I treat myself over Xmas and although the shops are open-I don't want to go to them!

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    I spent a fortune, it's the only week myself and the wife have off all year, its the only week my kids are off school that we get to spend with them, so the longer I can make it without needing to go to the shops the better.

Got 2 freezers full, fridge is bursting, 2 bottles of whiskey, lots of juice and pop. I really think we can make it until Jan 2nd.
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16081
    Lixarto said:
    It's the same as usual here, but with more booze.

hi Lix

I noticed yer GOD IS POWER sig.......does he do a deal on combined gas an' electricity?

tae be or not tae be
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    I wouldn't presume to know the mind of God ...

(It is a quote from "1984")
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16081
    ^ I thought he was dead then
    tae be or not tae be
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    /\ I long for such austerity. 

Going for better reliability then? ;)

Clutch, fuel tank change and exhaust manifold. Plus anything else I can find at the time, so yes.

• Then you just need a hill to coast down and it'll run perfectly, all the time!
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    edited October 2015
    Given enough Ferrero Rocher to make this!

:))