Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

It's Christmas Day!!!!!!! What did you get?

What's Hot

Comments

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Being a former Jehovahs Witness, I have simply stuck steadfastly to buying myself presents all year round :-)
    Hello Brother thisisguitar. Perhaps we could do the pre-study for this weekends Watchtower study while "the world" is busy with pagan pursuits? I'm not sure this forum is wholesome recreation for a christian, remember that "Bad associations spoil useful habits" (1 Cor. 15:33)
    My V key is broken
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17946
    tFB Trader
    I was once accused of being "Worldly" by a Hovis Biscuit (as I briefly believed them to be called as a child)

Not entirely sure what that means, but I assume it's bad. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Excellent monquixote, I shall now know all JH's as Hovis Biscuits from now on.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    I've a bit of a dilemma, my wife has bought me a guitar, which is lovely of her. But, and this sounds horrible, it's an Epi LP100, I already have a junior, an LPJ and a vermilion. I've hinted, asked and begged for an amp for months and ended up with a guitar I don't need.

So do I suck it up not to hurt her feelings or return it? Either way I feel real shit about it.
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73220

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• vizviz Frets: 10781
    edited December 2014
    underdog said:
    I've a bit of a dilemma, my wife has bought me a guitar, which is lovely of her. But, and this sounds horrible, it's an Epi LP100, I already have a junior, an LPJ and a vermilion. I've hinted, asked and begged for an amp for months and ended up with a guitar I don't need.

So do I suck it up not to hurt her feelings or return it? Either way I feel real shit about it.

Look on it as a voucher. The more guitars you have, the more amps you need. Perhaps this extra guitar pushes you into the 2-new-amps territory?
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I've received an Epiphone Nightfall (Floyd Rose on it) and weighs a tonne :D

Brian Mays red special book

Oh and a Cornford Carrera

That's all the guitar related stuff :)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73220
    underdog said:

Keep it and trade the other guitar you like the least for an amp.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • underdog;455995" said:

Merry Christmas buddy

Let the dust settle then take it back and sort that SL-5 out mate. :)
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7936
    it's a gift!

while you might sometimes be given the chance to be specific, anything someone gives you is their choice, including the weird stuff I used to get from my ex-wife's family (I used to be sure there was a shop that only opened at Christmas, and only for them), and you should be grateful for what you get.

plus it's traditional at Christmas for you to get not quite what you wanted, it's character building !
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15916
    I got woken at 4 in the morning by my wife's indigestion. Slightly different twist on what I got last year.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Paul_C;456006" said:
    it's a gift!

while you might sometimes be given the chance to be specific, anything someone gives you is their choice, including the weird stuff I used to get from my ex-wife's family (I used to be sure there was a shop that only opened at Christmas, and only for them), and you should be grateful for what you get.

plus it's traditional at Christmas for you to get not quite what you wanted, it's character building !
    I am greatful just feel bad knowing it's going to sit on a hanger never played.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9868
    underdog;455995" said:

Trade it for the equivalent Gibson. So long as it's the same colour no-one need ever know.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17946
    tFB Trader
    underdog;455995" said:

New pickup, high action, open g, learn slide
  • vizviz Frets: 10781
    HAL9000 said:
    underdog;455995" said:

Trade it for the equivalent Gibson. So long as it's the same colour no-one need ever know.

lol
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Got an Ipad Air 2.

Incidentally I bough miss d8m one aswell.

Neither of us knew we were getting one and according to the receipts we were in the shop within half hour of each other!

1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    Flightcase for my Hagen and I'm expecting lots of strings later on. I asked for them specifically instead of hoardes of booze. Looking like the family alcy wears a bit thin after a while.

In other guitar related stuff, my two kids got a Vox Pathfinder each. 
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    I want peace and goodwill to all forumites. Yes, ALL forumites.

awww!
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6240
    tFB Trader
    I got an amplifi TT from the wife for a bit of late night practice, sounds really good and I can get a lot of tones out of it. Very happy!
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com