Queenie

What's Hot
Is it going to be the same old, same old?

Or some drama?!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TinLipTinLip Frets: 368
    Nothing controversial so far. She's looking pretty fit though. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Game Of Thrones reference. Keeping it contemporary. Definitely still down with the kids.

• Didn't abdicate....

I'm regretting remortgage my house for that bet now....
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TinLip said:
    Nothing controversial so far. She's looking pretty fit though. 
    Aye she's alright looking.
  • She should let Philip do the speech next year - that'd be class...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    Now that's one I would watch
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    I can see the drink is doing some talking!

• speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    Not yet only just started
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24721
    edited December 2014
    Queenie my arse.  Wasn't it in the news a few weeks back that they're analysing the DNA of Richard the something or other as it looks likely that all the "Royals" from that point on aren't actually descendants of him, but some bugger else.  Not that it makes any difference actually whether your "claim to the throne" is based on you being a descendant of some arsehole who decreed himself 'king' back in the dark ages or whether you're actually a relative of the village bike.  Either way, you have no right to feel entitled to taking umpty million quid off taxpayers so you can live your lives of luxury.  Bloody inbred parasites.

Come and see the violence inherent in the system !

Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    If you mean Richard III, it's not news that the Tudors aren't related.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    REVOLUTION!

We start tomorrow. Can't be arsed right now.

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15905
    raining tomorrow, can't we put it off till we get some better weather?

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• Emp_Fab said:
    Queenie my arse.  Wasn't it in the news a few weeks back that they're analysing the DNA of Richard the something or other as it looks likely that all the "Royals" from that point on aren't actually descendants of him, but some bugger else.  Not that it makes any difference actually whether your "claim to the throne" is based on you being a descendant of some arsehole who decreed himself 'king' back in the dark ages or whether you're actually a relative of the village bike.  Either way, you have no right to feel entitled to taking umpty million quid off taxpayers so you can live your lives of luxury.  Bloody inbred parasites.

That's big talk from a man who has a problem putting a bit of lino. :P
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Summer! (AKA that one afternoon in August)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Personally, I've never had a problem with the Royals - they're part of the fabric of this country and have been for centuries. If anything, it's the politicians who get my goat.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24721
    Having said that, Kate Middleton is hot.  ...and there's no way ol' jug ears is Harry's dad.  He looks like a Hewitt to me.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73140
    edited December 2014
    Emp_Fab said:
    ...and there's no way ol' jug ears is Harry's dad.  He looks like a Hewitt to me.
    I used to think that, but as he's got older he's started to look a lot more like Charles.

I thought it was well-known that there was a break in the royal family DNA at the time of Richard III - Tony Robinson presented a documentary called 'Britain's Real Monarch' about it a few years ago. Richard's elder brother Edward IV - from who the current royal family is descended via his daughter, who married Henry VII - was almost certainly illegitimate, meaning that the current royal family is not directly related to Richard other than via his mother (ie not from the original royal line)… so it's not surprising that the DNA doesn't match.

Tony Robinson's team traced the true descendants of the House Of Plantagenet - hence theoretically the rightful British monarch - to some old bloke in Australia :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    It all seems to centre on John of Gaunt who they think from the DNA evidence was cuckolded, more than once.

In any case the lineage has been usurped a few times by increasingly tenuous claims, lets not forget Henry IV usurped the crown from Ruchard II too arond then.

I remember seeing that and the Aussie bloke, it certainly seemed plausible.

I am sure there are numerous points things were influenced in favour of who was the current Barons and Dukes favourite.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom