SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

PSA: Hiwatt Custom 50 combo

fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5228
edited December 2014 in Amps £
Just saw this on the Coda website, good price for one of these. I owned one once, great sounding amps but too loud for my pub gig needs and also very heavy. Truly great on-the-edge sound though...
260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Aaahhhhhhhh........  If I currently had the cash..........
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1693
    Yeah I noticed that yesterday as I did some Christmas day shopping
  • They have a Fuchs Train 45, too, which sounds like an interesting amp...

No master volume, though. :(
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1693
    I've just bought the Two Rock Exo and cab that they had in there secondhand. I thought about both of those amps but they were too close to options I have.
  • seems a little pricey. The 212 can be had for that money

Finding one is another matter, 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31591
    699 is a steal despite it being a MG version. Great amps, even though not quite the Hylight level of detail.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• The 212 can be had for that money.
    Although you'd need to be Hulk to lift it...
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • The 212 can be had for that money.
    Although you'd need to be Hulk to lift it...
    Im not green ;-)

I will say that it does have a very robust construction though.
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.