Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

POTENTIAL FRAUD: Facilitated by photobucket.com - Charges to mobile account from "Payforit"

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I only noticed it on my phone using Dolphin browser, since using Firefox and adblock haven't seen it happen, could be a coincidence.
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm getting it now

Disgusting

But she did have a very shapely poonani
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    edited December 2014
    I had this a few weeks ago on my clean Android phone when clicking from  theFB  to PhotoBucket. 

Not seen it recently though and no idea what's causing it but I'm pretty sure there is nothing on my phone.

Ah, it's called Malvertising and seems to be a Java exploit
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    To be honest I never click on photobucket links, too slow to load and full of ads. So many better hosting sites to use.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GuitarMonkey;457461" said:

Ah, it's called Malvertising and seems to be a Java exploithttp://blog.fox-it.com/2014/08/27/malvertising-not-all-java-from-java-com-is-legitimate/
    Thanks for this - I've yet to really get my teeth into this due to the time of year. Handy info - much appreciated.
  • This whole e-fraud thing in general is way out of hand. I picked up a phishing ad on Pistonheads the other day. Reported to the web managers, who pulled the ad; reported it to the Police - "If it's not a physical crime in our area, nothing we can do; " copied correspondemce to MP - nothing heard.  Next stop Police Commissioner. 

If no-one is being done for it, no wonder it is increasingly prevalent. 
    "Nobody needs more than 20 strats." Mike Landau
  • This whole e-fraud thing in general is way out of hand. I picked up a phishing ad on Pistonheads the other day. Reported to the web managers, who pulled the ad; reported it to the Police - "If it's not a physical crime in our area, nothing we can do; " copied correspondemce to MP - nothing heard.  Next stop Police Commissioner. 

If no-one is being done for it, no wonder it is increasingly prevalent. 
    I've had excellent results reporting to the fraud squad. There is an online form, and they write to you to confirm it's been accepted and what not. :)
  • ThePrettyDamned said: I've had excellent results reporting to the fraud squad. There is an online form, and they write to you to confirm it's been accepted and what not. :)
    Forgive me - they
    wrote to you ? Saying what ? Thank you for bringing this to our attention ?
  • I've had excellent results reporting to the fraud squad. There is an online form, and they write to you to confirm it's been accepted and what not. :)
    Forgive me - they wrote to you ? Saying what ? Thank you for bringing this to our attention ? Yeah, they wrote to let me know exactly what was going to happen and offered advice on how to get money back and stuff. I've had 3 problems with fraud in the last few years, two online, one phone call related (no money transaction on that one). 

The last one I reported was a phone call from 'windows service centre' in liverpool (nope). It was obviously a scam, and they repeatedly called - I reported them, gave them all the details I could and someone wrote to me several months later confirming an arrest had been made relating to that report. 

I also had a call from a police chappy about a bus driver who crashed the bus I was on, he called everyone who was on the bus to let them know what had happened. 
  • Despite myself I am impressed.  An arrest indeed. Much better results than I have ever been able to obtain.

Not online, but 2 years ago this woman - Gina Marsh of Colchester -  hit my car in the rear:  5 mph in the morning queue of traffic, a scratch on both cars. She was on her mobile phone with a kid in the car and I thought it was cut and dried.  That was until a set of Liverpool solicitors cooked up a false witness to say I had cut her up - even though he placed the accident the wrong side of the junction we pulled off at to exchange details. She got her car written off with compensation for 'whiplash' (remind you I was in front).  Told my insurers it was a fraud:  More Than said they could do nothing because it was cost more than it was worth to take to court, and paid up. To add injury to insult, they put it down as a 'fault' claim on my policy.

Luckily I have a keenly-developed sense of the surreal and a belief in karma (it was so stupid it was funny and obviously somehow I deserved it). 
  • Despite myself I am impressed.  An arrest indeed. Much better results than I have ever been able to obtain.

Not online, but 2 years ago this woman - Gina Marsh of Colchester -  hit my car in the rear:  5 mph in the morning queue of traffic, a scratch on both cars. She was on her mobile phone with a kid in the car and I thought it was cut and dried.  That was until a set of Liverpool solicitors cooked up a false witness to say I had cut her up - even though he placed the accident the wrong side of the junction we pulled off at to exchange details. She got her car written off with compensation for 'whiplash' (remind you I was in front).  Told my insurers it was a fraud:  More Than said they could do nothing because it was cost more than it was worth to take to court, and paid up. To add injury to insult, they put it down as a 'fault' claim on my policy.

Luckily I have a keenly-developed sense of the surreal and a belief in karma (it was so stupid it was funny and obviously somehow I deserved it). 
    Oh my god. I'd be totally livid. 

She sounds like a bag o' shite. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom