SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Dr Z Maz Jr NR Head & 1x12 Cab & 2x10 Cab (All SOLD)

CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4318
edited December 2014 in Amps £

Absolute classic amp. Huge sounding, incredible cleans and some of the best drive sounds you will ever hear. It sounds great at any volume also. Point to Point, hand-wired, top components and incredible build quality.

In my opinion the Non Reverb head is way better than the Reverb one. Completely different amps really, check out any reviews and opinions online and it is rare to hear anyone say the verb one is better. They are far noisier for starters. Better to have the NR model with your reverb out front or in the effects loop, then when you want to crank the amp you don't have the verb in the circuit and drive sounds are so much better. I have played both and there is honestly no contest at all. The gain is thicker sounding on the NR.

This is the latest spec Maz, with the foot switchable EQ Bypass, which turns it into a fire breathing monster when required. Footswitch is included and also another footswitch to flick between High and Low inputs. If you want to buy the whole stack then a top quality Y Cable is included to run bother cabs together. Both together has to be heard to be believed, just immense!

The Master Volume makes it very usable at home volumes, or if needs be it's a VERY VERY loud 18 watts. A Dr Z Airbrake (or similar) is great to use with it too, as really let's you see what tones are available at higher volumes.

The 2x10 is the smaller sized cab. They now do the 2x10 in the same size as the 2x12. It has the original Z 10's, which are great speakers. Includes cover.

The 1x12 has a Creamback (also original with the cab), convertible back. Includes cover

Need to downsize a bit this year as I am (very sadly) being ousted from my man cave in the attic... and this rig is a little harder to find other space for... All absolutely MINT condition not a single scuff anywhere. Still have original boxes for all of them I think.

Happy to sell all together, or split, whatever really.

All together, a total bargain at £1195.

Or individually:

NR Head = £745
2x10 = £275
1x12 = £275

All prices include delivery. (Or collection welcome if you are near Glasgow. Also happy to drive a bit to meet up etc)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• What's the clean headroom like on these?

A bit far away from me and it's one in one out but free bump anyway.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4318
    edited December 2014
    Yeah, plenty of clean headroom man, unless you are playing stadiums or something.

It's one of the ultimate pedal platforms too, just loves everything you stick in front of it. Very powerful EQ, and therefore very versatile. The Cut knob is a joy. Can do very good impressions of lot's other amps, but also has it's own thing. Genuinely an all time classic amp.
  • if you were nearer the south coast would bite your hand off on this!
    @Jonnysixstring  Insured courier is included in the price man. Could probably have it with you by 31st Dec.  :)

• Alas something with six strings has taken my eye, unless I shift my Carmen Ghia in the next day or so.
    @Jonnysixstring  No prob's man. Carmen Ghia, love those things too! Not as versatile as the Maz, but another classic amp for sure. Most of the Z line up is killer actually.

Looks the 2x10 cab could be accounted for. So this lovely pair left below.

£965 delivered.

All now sold folks.