Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Anyone got snow yet?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72521
    About an inch here this evening. Chaos on the roads as usual. Anyone would think it never snows in Scotland.

Nearly didn't get out of my village because I was following someone in a RWD sports car up the hill and he was not having much fun. At one point he got stuck against the grass bank on one side and I thought I was going to have to go round him, but he managed to get going again just as I was about to, so probably a good thing I didn't given that it was snaking about all over the road…

Then followed some idiot who had cleared about 10% of the snow off his windows so he couldn't see where he was going and was doing 25mph where it was perfectly safe to do 40.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    There was a brief snowfall earlier, but it didn't settle. Very cold though.
    My V key is broken
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16299
    edited January 2015
    Just taken an hour to do a 20 minute journey. Fecking lorry drivers not helping in various ways. When I'm nearly home turn into the one way road that leads into my estate ( as in housing estate, I'm not the Lord of the bleeding manor) there's a car coming in the wrong direction. No idea why. Idiot. Then I'm home - except the car won't go up the drive!*So, parked on the road where I'm more likely to get skidded into. MrsTheWeary had her new car today, driven it for half an hour, I don't think a Seat Mii is an ideal snow car so hoping it clears by tomorrow. Lousy journey, signs on the motorway saying salt spreading in process but no signs of it. Thankfully fairly quiet, especially the bit where I slid across a lane at spaghetti junction. :x :( ~O) * just keeps skidding back into the road. No, I don't know where my snow shovel is!
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Not a fucking sausage in Amersham.

Don't care anyway, now I'm not at school - I like college and I care about the work so I'd rather not have a snow day if possible, the trains would be a nightmare :D Tbh I'm not even at college tomorrow, I've got a bit of time off after exams.

I'm sure you were all dying to know that as well.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72521
    EricTheWeary said:

Then I'm home - except the car won't go up the drive! just keeps skidding back into the road.
    Have you tried going up in reverse? Might work if the front wheels are still on the clear bit. Works for me!

A few years ago our neighbours got theirs stuck half on and half off the road with the driving wheels in the iced-up gully along the edge of the pavement, and nothing would budge it forward or back. Luckily my car was already on the drive so I got the tow-rope and hauled theirs on...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

I did think about reverse but that would mean some manoeuvring in the snow, small street, parked cars and by the time I got out the car I was shaking and had enough really. I don't know what that's shaking with, it's not cold but an hour of anxiety I suppose. Had some tea and a shower now. Weather forecast looks a bit warmer locally tomorrow, although not sure if it's enough to defrost everything.
    Just heard from the singer - 90 minutes to home, he has half the distance I have.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Nah. We don't get snow in these parts.

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Not yet.

If we do it won't be much, but it'll cause chaos.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

They had snow pictures on BBC news this morning, included one from down the road from my house. So, it is snowy. Slightly missing my old Romanian neighbour who was a horrible human being but very good at driving in the snow, I'm assuming he was used to poor conditions in Romania.
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    not enought to make any impact on travelling here (SHeffield) though I would think it could be a bit deeper up the road in the Peaks.

Came back from Manchester, over the Snake Pass, on Saturday night, was snowing a lot, made for a bit of tricky driving, bit of a skid coming off the top, but nothing serious.

I'm going to Mosow on MOnday, there's a bit of snow there, and apparently, mighty cold too. Minus 15 or so, I believe. Better take a jumper.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11327
    No snow in north London yet.

Of course, the bigger problem won't be the snow itself if it comes, it will be the impact it has on the already shocking road surfaces as small potholes become larger and small cracks become potholes.
  • well cold in Suffolk, needed 2 blankets on top of 9.5 tog duvet last night. cat stayed cuddled up to me all night (she doesn't bother when it's not cold)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15594
    tropical sunshine down here in the SW. This is the norm for here. we only lay on the bad weather during the school holidays when the tourists are down.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12408
    a light dusting this morning in Stockport, still enough to nearly make me go on my arse on the ride in to work
    "OUR TOSSPOT"