Amp A-B pedal

shaunmshaunm Frets: 1641
New ground for me but I have now got a two amp set up for certain gigs. Can anyone suggest a pedal to switch between the amps. 

I'm not wanting to spend big money on this if possible. I know there are some on the market that go for large sums. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72928
    It depends if you get a ground loop that causes hum between your two amps - some amps are more affected than others. If you do, you need a more sophisticated switcher.

Very easy to test: turn both amps on and connect the inputs together with a cable. If you get an unacceptable hum from either of them, you're going to need an isolated switching unit. If you don't, any basic A/B box should work. You still want one which grounds the unused output though, or more hum again.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• shaunmshaunm Frets: 1641
    Thanks, I will have a test tomorrow to see how they react together. 
  • I use a Switchblade for a different reason, but it's cheap and I've had no issues in 6 years I think it is
  • lentolento Frets: 117

Excellent build quality, virtual silent switching and absolutely no hums ............ Lehle !

I recently picked one up for a great price from e***

• Lehle. Great build quality, zero issues, no noise. Perfect.