Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Biggest regret/mistake of 2014?

What's Hot
I'll go first…

Putting on a festival and losing £3.5k!

Spent 5 1/2 months working my arse off walking the streets of Birmingham putting fliers through letterboxes, and into shops. Putting up posters. Uncountable hours on Facebook asking friends to share the event. We got through 72,000 fliers which, given that most people use 27,500, I thought would almost guarantee a success. The day itself went well though.

When asked to describe how it went I simply said 'I should have invited 900 people out for a free pint… it would have cost the same, but saved 5 1/2 months of work!

Anyone else?
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17934
    tFB Trader
    My only regret is not sacking off my old band sooner and also inviting the singer from my old band to be in my new band when I knew her heart wasn't in it. 

Ultimately all it cost me was a few months of pissing about, but I'm really happy with the result I've got now.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Chicken jalfrezi from a different takeaway as the local one was closed, not pretty and never again
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Not getting a backbone sooner.

But I got one, that's all that matters.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522

Nope, pretty much smashed it this year

All practice and no theory
    2reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Flink_Poyd;458989" said:
    Chicken jalfrezi from a different takeaway as the local one was closed, not pretty and never again

I concur.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • Chicken jalfrezi from a different takeaway as the local one was closed, not pretty and never again
    I know that feeling. I tried Tandoori Corner instead of Kwality Kabab and Curry. Bloody awful and not worth the £3 saving.

No big regrets this year apart from not taking an extra couple of days off after the flights home from New York. That was a *really* hard week at work.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    edited December 2014
    Probably not recovering from my back injury in time to do my brown belt grading..

Biggest mistake of the year - giving advice when I was asked to at work.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    I went to Go Ape in February and said I'd try that zip slide in Wales and Via Ferrata. Did neither.

Bit of a shite year truth be told. Flew in too during to massively increased workload.
  • Not finding / creating the right balance in life.

That is a lifetimes ambition in it's own right IMHO.

Relating to here, creating the right balance musically between being here, practicing / learning, and listening to music is a big part of that right now.  There is so much to do, and so few hours in the day, and only one lifetime...

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73140
    Not learning to say no to jobs I don't want at an early enough point,

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Not looking for a new job sooner.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    ICBM said:
    Not learning to say no to jobs I don't want at an early enough point,
    Exactly what i was going to say about the driving industry - some contracts are a disaster waiting to happen and i wish i had been better at spotting them before i got in the bloody lorry.

Won't be happening in 2015 !
  • Choosing to stay in bed for another 10 minutes one day at the end of January, "because the dogs will be fine for a little bit". Expensive mistake that cost me several thousand and an awful lot of emotional turmoil.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Life's too short for regrets, call it a lesson learned and move on.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16082
    I'll go first…

Putting on a festival and losing £3.5k!

Spent 5 1/2 months working my arse off walking the streets of Birmingham putting fliers through letterboxes, and into shops. Putting up posters. Uncountable hours on Facebook asking friends to share the event. We got through 72,000 fliers which, given that most people use 27,500, I thought would almost guarantee a success. The day itself went well though.

When asked to describe how it went I simply said 'I should have invited 900 people out for a free pint… it would have cost the same, but saved 5 1/2 months of work!

Anyone else?
    going tae your festival
    tae be or not tae be
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Not sacking our bass player before this year.. the new guy actually wants to play gigs and do songs that were written after 1977. Why didn't we do it sooner??
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137

The list is long, and distinguished, but.....

Buying the Esprit (as of this afternoon, anyway) is currently top of the pile. Beyond that, it was being moronic enough to fall off the garage ladder on two consecutive days, and not to have insisted on a new drummer for the band a damned sight sooner.

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867

The list is long, and distinguished, but.....

Buying the Esprit (as of this afternoon, anyway) is currently top of the pile. Beyond that, it was being moronic enough to fall off the garage ladder on two consecutive days, and not to have insisted on a new drummer for the band a damned sight sooner.

I don't think the new drummist would've kept you on the ladder.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12530

None.

Got married, had our honeymoon in Positano.

For my 60th Mrs B took me to Venice.

My local Indian has won Best in Surrey too.

Couldn't be happier.

:)
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom