SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FT Collings OM2 M (all mahogany) - WITHDRAWN

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• alanbass1alanbass1 Frets: 108
    Bump
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    Wow. That is stunning
    edited May 2016

Bump

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stuagu said:
    Wow. That is stunning
    +1000

I can hear it in my head. Fabulous guitar maker. 
    Bump
    Bump
    edited February 2016

Annudda bump

It really is a stunning sounding/playing guitar and I thought that as I will never do it justice by playing it I would see if there was anyone interested in doing a trade. These currently sale in the UK for around £4k new (if you can find one) so a guide trade value would be around the £2.5k mark. Ideally a custom shop strat with Brazilian fingerboard and will add my unused and mint Jackson Ampworks Newcastle 30 loaded with GE NOS Valves for a Masterbuilt Strat.

• I think a lot of people are concerned that an all mahogany bodied acoustic will sound a little dull, loosing the sparkle you get with a spruce top.  That was certainly my view until I bought a Collings 001MH a couple of years ago.  The sound of the 001 just blew me away completely and although it is a very different guitar to the OM2 they both have the all mahogany body.

This is my second Collings and for me personally they are the best acoustics money can buy, although I'm aware they're not everybody's cup of tea.  The mahogany body just sings and is so smooth and warm without loosing any of the top end you get from spruce.  I don't think I would ever go back to a spruce/rosewood acoustic now.  I would recommend that anybody who is in the market for a top end acoustic to try this, or at least another all mahogany acoustic, I think you'd be very surprised. 
  • Hi,

I am interested in your guitar and would like to trade against it any of the following if you are interested. I have too many guitars and I am trying to thin down. If I buy anything new I would like to offload something. One in one out.

Gibson SG 61 Reissue (2012) near new condition. No dings. Would do this as a swap plus £1700 cash

This was the description of the guitar when I purchased it on ebay. I have so many guitars and I spend a lot of time away from home ( I work overseas 50% of the time) hence the reason it has hardly been played much by myself. Condition is as when I purchased the guitar. Great player. Great action and sustain.

GIBSON SG 61 REISSUE 2012
    This is the 61 Reissue model, made in Nashville, USA and is only just over a year old ! This Gibson SG 61 Reissue Satin Finish has a Worn Cherry finish with a premium Mahogany body, bound Slim Taper Mahogany Neck, American Rosewood fingerboard and Dual ’57 Classic humbuckers to complete the old school look from the launch 50 years ago. A fantastic blues/rock guitar with a premium quality, mahagony body. It’s got the great all around rock sound that you can hear on millions of rock albums (ask Angus Young, Tony Iommi or Daron Malakian from System of a Down about it). This guitar sounds fantastic! There is something special in the sound of these guitars…especially in the midrange that helps to cut through the mix and has a great warm but throaty distorted sound. It also has bags of sustain!The instrument is in mintish condition.

McIlroy A20 Acoustic. Would do this as a swop plus £700 cash

http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/galpat/library/McIlroy%20A20?sort=3&page=1

Let me know your thoughts?

Can also be contacted on galpat@gmail.com

• galpatgalpat Frets: 3
    edited February 2016

Hi,

I am interested in your guitar and would like to trade against it any of the following if you are interested. I have too many guitars and I am trying to thin down. If I buy anything new I would like to offload something. One in one out.

Gibson SG 61 Reissue (2012) near new condition. No dings. Would do this as a swap plus £1700 cash

This was the description of the guitar when I purchased it on ebay. I have so many guitars and I spend a lot of time away from home ( I work overseas 50% of the time) hence the reason it has hardly been played much by myself. Condition is as when I purchased the guitar. Great player. Great action and sustain.

GIBSON SG 61 REISSUE 2012
    This is the 61 Reissue model, made in Nashville, USA and is only just over a year old ! This Gibson SG 61 Reissue Satin Finish has a Worn Cherry finish with a premium Mahogany body, bound Slim Taper Mahogany Neck, American Rosewood fingerboard and Dual ’57 Classic humbuckers to complete the old school look from the launch 50 years ago. A fantastic blues/rock guitar with a premium quality, mahagony body. It’s got the great all around rock sound that you can hear on millions of rock albums (ask Angus Young, Tony Iommi or Daron Malakian from System of a Down about it). This guitar sounds fantastic! There is something special in the sound of these guitars…especially in the midrange that helps to cut through the mix and has a great warm but throaty distorted sound. It also has bags of sustain!The instrument is in mintish condition.

McIlroy A20 Acoustic. Would do this as a swop plus £800 cash

Let me know your thoughts?

Can also be contacted on galpat@gmail.com

• galpatgalpat Frets: 3
    edited February 2016

Hi would you be interested in anything below.

2012 Gibson SG '61' Reissue. Mint.  Trade guitar plus £1700 cash.

2009 McIlroy A20 Acoustic (Walnut / Spruce) Trade guitar plus £800 cash.

I have too many guitar. So trying to stick to new rule one in one out regardless of value.

Looking forward to your reply.

Pat

• @galpat, I would recommend messaging the seller directly with these types of trade offers & it keeps your personal email address private. IMO an SG is pretty far from the strat he is after.
  • With the bulk of my offer being cash, he may be interested?

• PM sent
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hi Alan,
    I have arranged travel for March 1st as requested for guitar transfer. Email sent