NGD Gibson acoustic content

What's Hot
xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
edited January 2015 in Acoustics
I have just bought this, didnt get it for a bargain or anything like that, but the tone was so warm and sweet, I couldn t say no, 
What I love about small independant shops are :
Happy to take part ex so I traded my Godin 12 string.
Paid £500 there and then,
Payment plan of £50 a month for the next 10 months, with no interest.

Gibson Hummingbird Historic series. Bloody brilliant!

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Nice!!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2389
    Very nice :D
  • NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    Oooooo...that's pretty! Nearly bought the Epi Artist version last night. Just a tad cheaper than that mighty thing!
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    @Niallmo thanks, very pretty indeed I like to gig all my guitars but as this does not have a pickup the 40s gibson L50 will be the gigging guitar, this one as you say is pretty,.... Way to pretty for gigging, home jamming and self loathing sessions will be it's forte
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72945
    Nice!

Easy enough to fit a pickup. I thought all recent Gibsons came with a Baggs Element pre-installed? My Dove and CJ-165 did. 

I don't like them actually, I took it out of the Dove and will do from the CJ when I get a passive Fishman for it… if you want the one out of the Dove, ask!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

@ICBM, Hey thanks for the Kudos, its a brilliant guitar, The Historic series (this one) was acoustic only i believe, but you know Gibson, nothings concrete, I have been tempted with a pickup for this, but I dont like the thought of drilling etc, so will prob go down the route of an SD woody etc, but thank you for the offer its appreciated :)
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    My all time favourite acoustic !

You sir have more Jam than Hartleys and i'm insanely jealous but also completely made up for you man.

Really well done.

HNGD.

You Bastard. :)
    @Alnico , You my good man have taste!! plus i bloody love jam,

What a guy....what a guy
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27612
    Even after getting a Dove I still lust after Hummingbirds. I haven't found a good one yet though. Glad you did though! :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    @stickyfiddle thanks bud, I understand that I have played a few over the years but this was the only one which jumped out with tone and playability, I have never really been intent he looks, but it does not matter when is sounds so nice!